Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Monday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Choo, Price, Samardzija, Arroyo, Trumbo, Sale
Today, 06:45 PM
- Rumor: Cubs Considering Trade with Nationals for Bullpen Pieces Clippard, Storen
Today, 05:57 PM
- Prepare to Be Irrationally Optimistic and then Irrationally Deflated About Masahiro Tanaka
Today, 04:39 PM
- Monday Mid-Day Winter Meetings Update: Sale, Samardzija, Brown, Price, Tanaka, Hendriks, More
Today, 01:03 PM
- Add the Yankees to the List of Teams Interested in Jeff Samardzija
Today, 11:01 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs DH for 2013
Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:34 PM
Alfonso Soriano: four games – obviously the natural choice, given that he’s…well…a natural here. But it makes too much sense, as it represents a brief opportunity to keep his bat in the lineup and still rest his legs.
Wellington Castillo: three games – the organization has already stated that free-agent acquisition Dioner Navarro will start close to a third of the games. If Clevenger makes the team, the Cubs have enough depth at catcher to use a few away games at AL parks to give Castillo a handful of extra at bats.
Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:14 AM
For the later away-interleague series I see--well, nothing definite. Angles early June: probably Soriano again (he's being showcased and shopped, too). But by late June (Seattle) I'd bet other needs will announce themselves (by or before then): rest-reentry for someone, at bats for someone, left-right match ups, etc). A merry-go-round of in-game substitutions perhaps.
By the time we hit Oakland in early July another natural choice may be on the roster. And Soriano may not be.
Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:15 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).