Anything's possible in Tommyland.
If the Cubs win today, it will be the first time they've won the first two games of the season since doing it in 1995 (a strike shortened season) in which they won their first 4 games! They ended up going 73-71 that year, and one statistic of note was Randy Myers leading the league with 38 saves. We also missed the Wild Card by 4 games to the Rockies.
Hate to break it to you, Tommy, but there is absolutely ZERO chance that the Cubs win today.
I'm sure that even DocWimsey would back up my statistical prediction on that.
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Sign Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada to a Minor League Deal
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Yesterday, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
- Minor Acquisitions: Tommy Hottovy, Charles Cutler
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
- Chicago Cubs Trade Brian Bogusevic to the Miami Marlins for Justin Ruggiano
Yesterday, 08:40 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs v. Pirates - April 1, 2013 (TV: WGN)
Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:24 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).