MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

I love boxing but lets be honest it is a dying sport and the growth of MMA is not helping the sport (along with corruption, lack of leadership, and all the Don Kings) but every now and then a match happens that shows why the sport is so great. I know this fight is almost a month old but it wasn't until this morning that I was able to watch the entire fight and what an amazing fight. Basically if you believe the Rocky movies are not accurate with how boxing matches happen then this fight will change you mind. It was 12 rounds of fists flying with precision, multiple HOW THE FUCK DID YOU STAY UP AFTER THAT PUNCH moments, a final 10 sec knock down, blood, swelling, concussed boxers talking and laughing after the match, but just an amazing fight that if you get a chance to watch you should. I really wish I could have see this fight live but it just wasn't a fight anyone thought was interesting until the day after and then everyone was talking about- then add kids and work and it was't until this week (yeah Spring Break- the time us teachers step off the ledge) that I could enjoy this fight.
Posted Image

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

That was a ridiculous fight. I used to enjoy boxing much more than I do now, I have kind of moved on to MMA. I think the main reason was actually knowing who the champ is, knowing that there aren't 5 other people claiming to be champ in that weight division, and we get the fights we want to see from MMA, where we really don't in boxing. Regardless, that was a great fight, hope we get a rematch.

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

That was a ridiculous fight. I used to enjoy boxing much more than I do now, I have kind of moved on to MMA. I think the main reason was actually knowing who the champ is, knowing that there aren't 5 other people claiming to be champ in that weight division, and we get the fights we want to see from MMA, where we really don't in boxing. Regardless, that was a great fight, hope we get a rematch.

Yeah boxing has so many problems, but I've tried getting into MMA but just don't enjoy it like I enjoy boxing. But I keep watching it so that I can see fights like this it was a true epic from the first to the last round. They just stood there toe to toe exchanges blows.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, MMA moved a lot towards wrestling when it was becoming a legit contender to boxing, and I think most find that a very boring style, myself included, and it probably turned a lot of people away. I love watching guys stand and exchange, but I also love the counterstrike, this match could end any second, nature of MMA. I am also a really big fan of jiu jitsu, and there are a lot of talented practitioners who are becoming excellent strikers/boxer, so I tend to follow those types of fights more. I know most people loathe them, but I absolutely love watching guys like Nick Diaz and his brother fight
I honestly probably couldn't name more than one current boxing champion, let alone any of the top contenders or champs with different initials before their titles.

#5 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

After Tyson got knocked out Boxing just went into a tail spin it has yet to recover. My problem with MMA or other fights is that they end so quickly, and yes MMA trying to be more of a spectacle like WWE is quite annoying

MichiganGoat on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).