The 12 Days of GoatsMas(or Cubsmas) Contest...starting Monday!
Oswego Chris - Today, 09:56 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Eyeing Free Agent John Axford
Today, 05:35 PM
- No Curtis Granderson for the Cubs: Four Years and $60 Million from the Mets
Today, 01:46 PM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: Zoning Committee Blesses Changes to Plan
Today, 12:30 PM
- Prospects Progress: Corbin Hoffner
Today, 11:30 AM
- Hot Stove! Now the Mariners and Robinson Cano Reportedly Have a Deal (10 Years, $240 Million)
Today, 10:06 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 4/4/13 - 164
Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:22 AM
Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:30 AM
This would be my explanation: They didn't pick up postponed games where they left off back then. They had two games that year that ended in ties (a 9 inning game and opening day - 11 innings). They count the stats and replay the whole game (as a new game). I assume they were called on account of darkness - I know the season opener was.
That's completely new to me.
Thanks for hipping me to some education, Spriggs.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).