I think that argument is based on the notion that the Cubs would have had to offer Castro, Rizzo, or Shark in the deal to get Upton. If that's the case, then I agree with that notion. I'm not saying I wouldn't have wanted them to group up a few top prospects for him, because I would have been aboard with that. I just believe that Arizona wasn't going to move him without getting major league ready talent.
Anyone else think that the Cubs didn't have the pieces that Arizona wanted for Upton?
Anyone still think the Cubs shouldnt have gone after Upton?
I agree with this but a ton of people on here were arguing that the Cubs shouldnt have been in on him at all
CubsMas Day 2 winner...Day 3 suggestions please...
Oswego Chris - Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Monday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Choo, Price, Samardzija, Arroyo, Trumbo, Sale
Yesterday, 06:45 PM
- Rumor: Cubs Considering Trade with Nationals for Bullpen Pieces Clippard, Storen
Yesterday, 05:57 PM
- Prepare to Be Irrationally Optimistic and then Irrationally Deflated About Masahiro Tanaka
Yesterday, 04:39 PM
- Monday Mid-Day Winter Meetings Update: Sale, Samardzija, Brown, Price, Tanaka, Hendriks, More
Yesterday, 01:03 PM
- Add the Yankees to the List of Teams Interested in Jeff Samardzija
Yesterday, 11:01 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs v. Braves - April 5, 2013 (TV: CSN+, MLBN)
Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:52 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).