I think that argument is based on the notion that the Cubs would have had to offer Castro, Rizzo, or Shark in the deal to get Upton. If that's the case, then I agree with that notion. I'm not saying I wouldn't have wanted them to group up a few top prospects for him, because I would have been aboard with that. I just believe that Arizona wasn't going to move him without getting major league ready talent.
Anyone else think that the Cubs didn't have the pieces that Arizona wanted for Upton?
Anyone still think the Cubs shouldnt have gone after Upton?
I agree with this but a ton of people on here were arguing that the Cubs shouldnt have been in on him at all
Series Internetz-view: Cubs vs Reds 4/18/14 - 4/20/14
miggy80 - Today, 10:05 AM
Cubs v. Yankees - April 16, 2014 (TV: CSN, WGN, MLBN)
Brett - Apr 16 2014 08:51 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Pre-Gamin’: Reds v. Cubs (1:20 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 10:56 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: Tom Ricketts Reiterates that Moving is Not the Preference
Today, 10:09 AM
- Observations from Taking in the Kane County Cougars Live in Dayton
Today, 09:01 AM
- Series Preview: Reds v. Cubs, April 18 – April 20, 2014
Today, 08:20 AM
- Top Cubs Execs Scout a Couple Top Draft Prospects and Other Bullets
Today, 07:30 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs v. Braves - April 5, 2013 (TV: CSN+, MLBN)
Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:52 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).