I think that argument is based on the notion that the Cubs would have had to offer Castro, Rizzo, or Shark in the deal to get Upton. If that's the case, then I agree with that notion. I'm not saying I wouldn't have wanted them to group up a few top prospects for him, because I would have been aboard with that. I just believe that Arizona wasn't going to move him without getting major league ready talent.
Anyone else think that the Cubs didn't have the pieces that Arizona wanted for Upton?
Anyone still think the Cubs shouldnt have gone after Upton?
I agree with this but a ton of people on here were arguing that the Cubs shouldnt have been in on him at all
Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Mar 07 2014 10:03 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Spring Training Miscellany: Rockies 13, Cubs 0 – March 11, 2014
Yesterday, 05:38 PM
- God’s Benevolence Watch: In Case You Were Worried About Pierce Johnson
Yesterday, 01:57 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Rockies v. Cubs (3:05 CT) – Lineup, Broadcast Info, etc.
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
- Is It Too Early for Mock Draft Discussions? Probably – But Let’s Do It Anyway
Yesterday, 11:01 AM
- Convalescence Watch: Castro, Arrieta, Sweeney, Olt
Yesterday, 09:51 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs v. Braves - April 5, 2013 (TV: CSN+, MLBN)
Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:52 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).