I think that argument is based on the notion that the Cubs would have had to offer Castro, Rizzo, or Shark in the deal to get Upton. If that's the case, then I agree with that notion. I'm not saying I wouldn't have wanted them to group up a few top prospects for him, because I would have been aboard with that. I just believe that Arizona wasn't going to move him without getting major league ready talent.
Anyone else think that the Cubs didn't have the pieces that Arizona wanted for Upton?
Anyone still think the Cubs shouldnt have gone after Upton?
I agree with this but a ton of people on here were arguing that the Cubs shouldnt have been in on him at all
Looking to split bleacher seats for Combo plan or Full Season
pitching101 - Today, 09:04 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Samardzija, Granderson, Price, Tanaka, Saltalamacchia, More
Today, 01:36 PM
- No Edward Mujica for the Cubs: Signs Two-Year Deal with Red Sox
Today, 11:05 AM
- Latest on Tanaka and the Posting System: Deal Coming Today? Cubs Still Heavily Involved?
Today, 10:22 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: License Committee Signs Off on Tweaks, Plaza Booze Delayed
Today, 09:55 AM
- Theo Epstein Speaks: Tanaka, Samardzija, Rebuilding Timeline, TV Deal, Organizational Health, More
Today, 08:49 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs v. Braves - April 5, 2013 (TV: CSN+, MLBN)
Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:52 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).