I think that argument is based on the notion that the Cubs would have had to offer Castro, Rizzo, or Shark in the deal to get Upton. If that's the case, then I agree with that notion. I'm not saying I wouldn't have wanted them to group up a few top prospects for him, because I would have been aboard with that. I just believe that Arizona wasn't going to move him without getting major league ready talent.
Anyone else think that the Cubs didn't have the pieces that Arizona wanted for Upton?
Anyone still think the Cubs shouldnt have gone after Upton?
I agree with this but a ton of people on here were arguing that the Cubs shouldnt have been in on him at all
CubsMas Day 2 winner...Day 3 suggestions please...
Oswego Chris - Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Tuesday Morning Winter Meetings Update: Hamels/Lee, Brown, Samardzija, Bullpen, Choo, Much More
Today, 10:05 AM
- Luis Valbuena Exclusively Played Second Base This Offseason
Today, 09:20 AM
- Everyone’s Still Waiting on Masahiro Tanaka, Including the Chicago Cubs
Today, 08:35 AM
- Mark Prior Officially Calls It a Career and Other Bullets
Today, 07:54 AM
- Monday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Choo, Price, Samardzija, Arroyo, Trumbo, Sale
Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs v. Braves - April 5, 2013 (TV: CSN+, MLBN)
Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:52 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).