Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Cubs v. Braves - April 6, 2013 (TV: WGN)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#226 Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Well, piss on this boys and girls

#227 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

MARMOL I FUCKING HATE YOU

#228 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I hope to hell Theo&Co are wiping the shit off their pants from what they're seeing. They gotta' be wondering if this is any sign of what the season is going to be like........UNFUCKINBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!

#229 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

As much as I'd like to say small sample size, trade value,
Long term planning.... It's been enough of marmol the closer. Maybe he can be a solid 7/8 inning guy but come on its over let's give it a break.

#230 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Sveum should have pulled Marmol after the blown save HR to the first Upton (although, I don't know if anyone was warming up in the bullpen).

#231 BrianEsq

BrianEsq

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Come on, Thed,,,,seriously?!

#232 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I just threw up.

#233 5412

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hi,

When is the Marmol charade going to end? We all knew exactly what would happen, Marmol protecting a one run lead in the 9th doesn't cut it. Sveum put himself in a postion where he had no other real options.

If we could have scored with the bases loaded and not outs it might have helped.

Wrigley Field is not sold out for the home opener. A premiere game on WGN the Saturday night before opening day and they play like the Cubs of old. Tonight's loss is more than one game, it will also be a lot of revenue unless they turn things around.

regards,

#234 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hi,

When is the Marmol charade going to end? We all knew exactly what would happen, Marmol protecting a one run lead in the 9th doesn't cut it. Sveum put himself in a postion where he had no other real options.

If we could have scored with the bases loaded and not outs it might have helped.

Wrigley Field is not sold out for the home opener. A premiere game on WGN the Saturday night before opening day and they play like the Cubs of old. Tonight's loss is more than one game, it will also be a lot of revenue unless they turn things around.

regards,

To say that one game is going to lead to a loss of revenue is a huge over-reaction. Marmol is garbage, but the starters have been outstanding for the most part, and the pen has been great so far. The team is definitely looking better, and I have no doubts that fans will show to see them.

#235 aaroncharles18

aaroncharles18

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:@aaroncharles18
  • Facebook:Aaron Charles

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Is there anything more frustrating than a crappy bullpen? This sucks! The starters have been so good and the offense was good for once tonight too! Gosh I can't take much more of this.

#236 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Paul Sullivan@PWSullivan
Sveum says it's time to talk about removing Marmol as closer.

#237 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,641 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Just get fucking blown out from the first pitch if you're going to lose like that. Breaks my fucking heart every time.

It is literally nauseating - my stomach is churning - to go four years without seeing a meaningful game in June (or, hell, even May).

And, yes, I expected this team to suck. But don't lose the gimmes, for fucks sake.

#238 5412

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hi,

regards,

To say that one game is going to lead to a loss of revenue is a huge over-reaction. Marmol is garbage, but the starters have been outstanding for the most part, and the pen has been great so far. The team is definitely looking better, and I have no doubts that fans will show to see them.

Hi,

I disagree with you on this one. Fans who watch on TV and are debating between paying an arm and a leg want to see something different, not the same old stuff. If they win then folks get excited. When was the last time you saw the Cubs fail to sell out on opening day?

April is generally a lousy month for attendance anyway; yet the tickets on average are the cheapest they will be all year. A lot of folks with families may go in April because it is a lot more affordable. My guess is tonight and a few more similar performances will keep a lot of fans at home.

The Cubs love a prime time game in the beginning of the year to pique interest so we get to watch Marmol blow another one....

This is one time I really hope you are right and I am wrong.

regards,

#239 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just get fucking blown out from the first pitch if you're going to lose like that. Breaks my fucking heart every time.

It is literally nauseating - my stomach is churning - to go four years without seeing a meaningful game in June (or, hell, even May).

And, yes, I expected this team to suck. But don't lose the gimmes, for fucks sake.

I kind of agree with you, but I still love the tension when we are in tight games. I know it sucks, and we are all extremely reactionary in nature right now, but I think you probably feel the same, and it just really hits below the belt that we can't come up with wins in these situations much, if at all right now.

You are right though, the Cubs have to win these games when the chances present themselves. I think that's why we are all really jumpy at every mistake, because we know that they need to be near perfect. Aside from second, I've loved the defense so far. Aside from Marmol, and Fujikawa's location problems today, I've loved the bullpen. The starters have been awesome, and even Feldman wasn't completely awful and showed promise. Things are definitely looking up, and the disappointment that is showing after this loss proves to me that a lot of Cubs fans feel the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).