#16 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

So long as you don't screw with the link at the top of the page, we's kool.

You mean the one that says Message Board on the bleachers picture that sends you to the main page?

Yeah, you know, that's always been a weird one to me.

Very much so. I could see them being two separate links, one to the front page and one to the MB but Ace screwed the pooch on that one.

You'd think it would be that easy. And you'd think that's precisely what I would have tried to accomplish.

You'd be right on the second one, but very wrong on the second.

I take it since we don't know it's kind of like Schrodinger's cat?

Bah. I could have edited if you hadn't quoted me. Jerk.

Right on the second. Wrong on the first. Poop.

#17 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

My mind instantly makes #1 vs. #2 poop jokes after reading that line.

#18 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

So long as you don't screw with the link at the top of the page, we's kool.

You mean the one that says Message Board on the bleachers picture that sends you to the main page?

Yeah, you know, that's always been a weird one to me.

Very much so. I could see them being two separate links, one to the front page and one to the MB but Ace screwed the pooch on that one.

You'd think it would be that easy. And you'd think that's precisely what I would have tried to accomplish.

You'd be right on the second one, but very wrong on the second.

I take it since we don't know it's kind of like Schrodinger's cat?

Bah. I could have edited if you hadn't quoted me. Jerk.

Just cut it into two separate pictures code them for different links but keep them in the frame they are in right now. That should (provided my limited HTML self-taught-ness from over a year ago remembers this correctly) create the image of 1 picture with two different links.

I think Java encoding would allow for one picture having two separate linkable areas.

#19 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

"Just cut it into two separate pictures code them for different links but keep them in the frame they are in right now. That should (provided my limited HTML self-taught-ness from over a year ago remembers this correctly) create the image of 1 picture with two different links."

That's what I tried to do. The way the Message Board CSS renders the header, it doesn't work. It utterly, absolutely, will not tolerate two images next to each other up there without offsetting a ton of stuff in broken-looking ways. It's dumb. But it's the troof.

#20 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

"Just cut it into two separate pictures code them for different links but keep them in the frame they are in right now. That should (provided my limited HTML self-taught-ness from over a year ago remembers this correctly) create the image of 1 picture with two different links."

That's what I tried to do. The way the Message Board CSS renders the header, it doesn't work. It utterly, absolutely, will not tolerate two images next to each other up there without offsetting a ton of stuff in broken-looking ways. It's dumb. But it's the troof.

CSS...SMH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).