19 replies to this topic

#1 Chadillac

Chadillac

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Good evening Bleacher Nation, I will be heading to Chicago this Friday and Saturday for two Cubs games against the Giants. It will be my second time going to Wrigley, but Saturday will be my first time in the bleachers. I am wondering what time will I need to get in line in order to secure a solid seat in the bleachers.....I am hoping for first few rows in left-left center. Game time is 12:05 on Saturday. I am also interested in hearing some opinions and suggestions on good places to eat and some good bars around Wrigley, and other miscellaneous things that could contribute to me having a great time. Thanks in advance for the help!

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

If you get in line early enough, you might be able to raise Paul Sullivan's ire.

Of course, Paul Sullivan is about 4'-8" tall, so his ire only goes so high.

#3 Chadillac

Chadillac

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

If you get in line early enough, you might be able to raise Paul Sullivan's ire.

Of course, Paul Sullivan is about 4'-8" tall, so his ire only goes so high.

I saw his tweet yesterday haha, screw him! We're Cubs fans, it's a lifestyle! :)

Perhaps I should bring a sign with a reference to Mr. Sullivan lol

#4 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Sweet JJ and his crew were kind enough to save me a 2nd row seat in left center on Opening Day & I'm pretty sure they got in line at 9:00 or 9:30 am. Not sure what time you should arrive for non homer opener games though.

Hope you enjoy vulgarity, obscenities and beer spilling all over you! Have a blast!
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#5 Chadillac

Chadillac

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Sweet JJ and his crew were kind enough to save me a 2nd row seat in left center on Opening Day & I'm pretty sure they got in line at 9:00 or 9:30 am. Not sure what time you should arrive for non homer opener games though.

Hope you enjoy vulgarity, obscenities and beer spilling all over you! Have a blast!

Thanks for the info! I'm really looking forward to it, I'm hoping I can do some beer spilling myself out there. However, I am not sure they will let me drink at Wrigley because I haven't updated my license, and frankly I look like a teenager haha. It says under 21 until 12/14/2011 on my license, so hopefully they don't rob me...

#6 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for the info! I'm really looking forward to it, I'm hoping I can do some beer spilling myself out there. However, I am not sure they will let me drink at Wrigley because I haven't updated my license, and frankly I look like a teenager haha. It says under 21 until 12/14/2011 on my license, so hopefully they don't rob me...

Yea, unfortunately they won't serve you. I went there on my 21st birthday, and since I hadn't received my new license and only had the paper one, they wouldn't serve me. They also wouldn't serve my cousin, who was 23 at the time, because he had a vertical license because he got it changed right before his birthday. They told us to have another person in our group to buy our drinks for us, which makes no sense at all to me. Other than that, it's hard to go wrong anywhere in the bleachers or bars before or after the game. Sports Corner is nice and it's literally the first thing you see as you step off the el other than a bum peeing into a McDonald's cup while begging for change.

#7 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Just don't reach down to touch the ivy. They don't like that.

#8 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

If you're content in right field, you really don't have to arrive all that early to get a great, close seat.

#9 Chadillac

Chadillac

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

That's definitely a bummer butlerdawgs, that gripes me that won't accept my legit license just because it's not updated. Oh well, guess I'll have to get tuned up at the bars beforehand.

--

Ya know what, you might be onto something Brett. Maybe hope for a Rizzo ball or something out there. Now I am just hoping for the best weather wise. It should be interesting.

#10 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Sluggers and Murphy's are also great spots to have some pre and post game beverages. Have a blast!!

#11 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

don't pay $6 for a bud light. buy a 12 pack of old style from one of the many shady bodegas that don't card in the area, pound it in an alleyway (or a friend's apartment if you have any in the area) and sneak a flask of your favorite liquor in with you.

#12 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

don't pay $6 for a bud light. buy a 12 pack of old style from one of the many shady bodegas that don't card in the area, pound it in an alleyway (or a friend's apartment if you have any in the area) and sneak a flask of your favorite liquor in with you.

$7.25 for a beer. And I'll second the flask idea. I do it all the time.

#13 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Even better than the flask is PocketShots. They are exactly as they sound. A shot of alcohol in a small plastic pouch. You can put them in your pockets, bags or a ladyfriend's bra if security is really tight, and they won't feel it as they pat you down. Just gotta get a soft drink and you are good to go. Do it all the time for concerts, Cubs games, and any other event.

#14 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

Do they pat you down at Wrigley? When we were there last summer, I practically could have brought a 12-pack in they were so nonchalant. Maybe because I was there with my then-6-year-old?

#15 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

Do they pat you down at Wrigley? When we were there last summer, I practically could have brought a 12-pack in they were so nonchalant. Maybe because I was there with my then-6-year-old?

One time I went there and they didn't then another time they did. They also checked my bag that time, which they didn't do before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).