An "intimidating package" containing a goat's head was dropped off at Wrigley Field Wednesday afternoon for Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts.
Staff at Wrigley Field, 1060 W. Addison St., found the package outside Gate K, and when they opened it found a goat's head inside, Cubs spokesman Julian Green said.
After making the grisly discovery, the staff immediately called police, Green said.
Officers responded about 2:30 p.m. to the report of an "intimidating package" and Area North detectives are investigating, police said.
The package, addressed to Ricketts, did not appear to be delivered by the U.S. Postal Service, Green said.
At this point, officials are not sure where the package or its contents came from.
The package arrives amid an ongoing war between Cubs owners and rooftop owners over changes to the ballpark.
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Diamondbacks Want an Ace, but Archie Bradley’s Off Limits Even for David Price
Today, 02:08 PM
- Interesting Non-Tenders from Around the League: Bailey, Turner, Wright, Hudson, Belisario, Others
Today, 11:59 AM
- The Daytona Cubs Are Baseball America’s Minor League Team of the Year
Today, 10:38 AM
- Tanaka Update: NPB Willing to Accept Maximum Bid Structure, and Posting Fee Might Not Be Issue for Cubs
Today, 09:10 AM
- There Could Be a Couple Finalists for the WGN Radio Gig and Other Bullets
Today, 07:50 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cub Fan Dan (42)
RIP Michigan Goat
Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:32 PM
Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:20 AM
Still here the goat brigade spend the night shitting on any rooftops we could find.
Natty Ice will do that to you.
Nah we are fueled by hops of Short's Huma Lupa Licious - there is no stopping us now.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).