Recent Topics

Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Rangers v. Cubs - April 16, 2013 (TV: CSN)

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#76 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Well you really fucked up that game now didn't you Sveum. You DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, yep. Just a puppet for a bunch of ass holes who are letting this team sink to shit levels of which we have never seen. He's a dumb fuck piece of shit.

my mom used to tape my voice when i would throw temper tantrums, and then play it back for me when i had calmed down.

thankfully the internet is like one giant tape recorder.  It's a game.  If Sveum can't trust his MRP to get the last two outs of the 8th inning, then there are bigger problems here.  You can't just ignore the bullpen and hope it goes away without having any of them pitch.

jeesh.

Wood was at 91 fucking pitches. Why pull him? And if you pull him, why put a guy in who hasn't been too sharp this season?

And why keep running Sappelt out there? Answer that before you throw insults.

What do you mean, "keep running Sappelt out there"?

he's had 15 AB this season.

fifteen.

#77 Chrisfchi

Chrisfchi

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Twitter:@chrisfchi
  • LocationHiding somewhere in soxland

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

i did have higher hopes for the bullpen this year. but it is cold up here and the season is young. hopefully in may the rust is gone and the gears are oiled

#78 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

#42 is killing us. Can't we just IBB him?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#79 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

i did have higher hopes for the bullpen this year. but it is cold up here and the season is young. hopefully in may the rust is gone and the gears are oiled

Spoken like a true Cub fan.

#80 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

This game not withstanding, i've been pretty impressed by how well the offense is doing to get the team back into games when down, only for the bullpen to blow it the very next inning.

#81 da_cubs

da_cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Well you really fucked up that game now didn't you Sveum. You DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, yep. Just a puppet for a bunch of ass holes who are letting this team sink to shit levels of which we have never seen. He's a dumb fuck piece of shit.

my mom used to tape my voice when i would throw temper tantrums, and then play it back for me when i had calmed down.

thankfully the internet is like one giant tape recorder.  It's a game.  If Sveum can't trust his MRP to get the last two outs of the 8th inning, then there are bigger problems here.  You can't just ignore the bullpen and hope it goes away without having any of them pitch.

jeesh.

The problem isn't ignoring the bullpen.Its putting someone in the game who has not pitched very well.

#82 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

jeesh.

Wood was at 91 fucking pitches. Why pull him? And if you pull him, why put a guy in who hasn't been too sharp this season?

And why keep running Sappelt out there? Answer that before you throw insults.

What do you mean, "keep running Sappelt out there"?

he's had 15 AB this season.

fifteen.

Sappelt has done dick at this level, and hasn't really been lights out at other levels. Yet, a HOT Dejesus, seeing the fuck out of pitches, and a super hot Schierholtz get to sit while Sappelt is a cool 1-18. That's what I mean "running him out there". Give your best players a chance.

#83 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

nice catch sappelt

#84 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

jeesh.

The problem isn't ignoring the bullpen.Its putting someone in the game who has not pitched very well.

He pitched well until the last game.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#85 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

jeesh.

which, save for russell, is everybody in the bullpen, lol.

#86 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

jeesh.

Theo/Jed/Sveum blinders are great. We're not supposed to talk about actual results, just how God like this leadership is.

#87 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

jeesh.

Theo/Jed/Sveum blinders are great. We're not supposed to talk about actual results, just how God like this leadership is.

for a baseball fan you sure seem to lack patience.

#88 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Bad call by ump. Safe at home.

Play ball.

#89 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

lol, you know stacking the lineup with RH hitters isn't working when Texas puts all LH relievers in the game, rofl.  I think it might be time to scrap the platoon idea (at least in CF and one IF spot).

#90 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

9 game hitting streak fir Castro.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).