Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Rangers v. Cubs - April 16, 2013 (TV: CSN)

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#91 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'm sick of quoting...patience? Dude, this team has been sinking to new levels since half way through 2009. For a large market team, that is unacceptable. You have to do better. Jesus the Cubs may have the biggest and most loyal fan base out there...yet they continue to put worse products on the field. Why should any of us have patience?

Ok, a strip down rebuild, which should never have to happen to this franchise...fine, but at least give me/you/us something to believe in. They put a scum bag puppet in the dugout and keep trying to plug in awful players in an attempt to blind us that they are actually trying to be a respectable team. It's frustrating. How can it not be? As bad as this FO hoped they would be this year, this team has been in almost every game. And has blow almost every game it has been in. All about leadership, which I'm sorry, has been pig shit to this point. Where should my patience come in?

#92 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

lol, you know stacking the lineup with RH hitters isn't working when Texas puts all LH relievers in the game, rofl.  I think it might be time to scrap the platoon idea (at least in CF and one IF spot).

That was my point earlier about Sappelt. Yet you insulted it. Now you are agreeing that the all RH again and again is stupid.

#93 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Yo, kids.  This isn't the front page.  The "I Hate Theo"/"I Support Theo" stuff isn't welcome here, nor is it wanted, nor is it warranted.  Gameday threads are for today's game.  Get it?

#94 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Nice.  Castro, Rizzo.  Now come ON, Cubs.

#95 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

This is the first time all season that I've been able to just space out and watch the game.  I've only missed three of them, but I've been *doing* something for all of them.  Kickin' back and just watching is nice.  This JD cat isn't too bad at all.

#96 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Come on, Sori!

#97 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

TBH i'm not expecting the cubs to be a contender this year.  I am, however, closely watching the development of the young talent in our organization, and am mostly pleased.  The bullpen has definitely blown as many games to put us at .500 (or better), but the cubs hitters find a way to make things happen late in games, which I like.  Bullpens are fickle, even the best teams (on paper) can have a shitty bullpen to spoil everything (2004-2005 cubs, anybody?).  

The leadership has been fine.  Sveum seems to have a good grip on this club and seems to be a good mentor for these young players.  Not a single instance of off-field shenanigans has taken place during his tenure, which is a testament to how he is handling the dugout.  If you don't believe this, fine.. but point me to evidence to the contrary.

All of what I said is only applicable to the 2012, 2013 seasons.  The Quade season was an abomination and I don't think anybody here is going to argue otherwise.

#98 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Yo, kids.  This isn't the front page.  The "I Hate Theo"/"I Support Theo" stuff isn't welcome here, nor is it wanted, nor is it warranted.  Gameday threads are for today's game.  Get it?

this is literally the only thread on this forum that sees enough traffic to warrant discussion, tbh. 

#99 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Bull pen didn't blow this game. When you don't get any runs whats there to protect?

#100 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Soriano!!!

#101 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

All safe!!!

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#102 demz

demz

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

See, right now.  Cubs have the tying run at the plate in the bottom of the ninth.

How can you not be encouraged by that?  How many times THIS SEASON have they done that?  Quite a bit, actually.

#103 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

this is literally the only thread on this forum that sees enough traffic to warrant discussion, tbh. 

He says with 20 posts.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#104 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

You're wrong.  Everyone else on the Message Board has (mostly) left that discussion to the front page, where it can be rehashed againandagainandagain.  There's plenty out there who are willing to keep discussing it.  I suggest you take it there.

Please.  Keep it out of the Gameday threads. 

#105 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Come.  On.  Schierholtz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).