• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Can't I just cut you a check?

Here you go.

https://www.paypal.c...04872d2f2ae25dc

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#18 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Why does it hurt if people do it too much

#19 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Can't I just cut you a check?

Oh, ya, about that...um, well, since I can't use the word hippie, I'll just say check's aren't accepted from anyone.

#20 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

They think you just have a program set up to click the links for you or you are set up with a roving IP address and are clicking them over and over and over yourself (and or getting your buddies to do it).

They probably have it figured out how many times normal people click on ads over the course of a month so if you blow that out of the water, or don't click away on other sites, they figure you are a "bot".

#21 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

They think you just have a program set up to click the links for you or you are set up with a roving IP address and are clicking them over and over and over yourself (and or getting your buddies to do it).

They probably have it figured out how many times normal people click on ads over the course of a month so if you blow that out of the water, or don't click away on other sites, they figure you are a "bot".

Right. Or that you'd explicitly told people to click your ads even if they aren't interested in them.

#22 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Speaking of the ads - as I did on the blog, I've reduced the number of ads on the message board in favor of putting them in more visible locations. Hopefully you find the trade-off to be fair. If you don't, you can lick me.

#23 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Speaking of the ads - as I did on the blog, I've reduced the number of ads on the message board in favor of putting them in more visible locations. Hopefully you find the trade-off to be fair. If you don't, you can lick me.

Do you taste like hamburgers?

#24 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

Somehow I feel all icky after reading this.:P

On a serious note. I've never had a problem with the amount or location of the ads here. The new layout does seem to be cleaner though.

On an aside, I did make that purchase and hope it was linked to BN. Not sure though since the only way to get access to a portion of their website was through an e-mailed link.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#25 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Somehow I feel all icky after reading this. :P

On a serious note. I've never had a problem with the amount or location of the ads here. The new layout does seem to be cleaner though.

On an aside, I did make that purchase and hope it was linked to BN. Not sure though since the only way to get access to a portion of their website was through an e-mailed link.

Well, however it played out, I still think it was massively cool of you to try to hook me up.

#26 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Somehow I feel all icky after reading this. :P

Well, however it played out, I still think it was massively cool of you to try to hook me up.

Just trying to do my part to keep as few practicing lawyers as I can from being out there.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#27 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Speaking of the ads - as I did on the blog, I've reduced the number of ads on the message board in favor of putting them in more visible locations. 

I've noticed, too, that your ads/ad pimping is to be found much more frequently in the text of your posts (the TiqIq and DraftStreet ones, in particular).

I can glaze over them pretty easily, but it's a noticeable change.  I hope they're more effective for you.

#28 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Speaking of the ads - as I did on the blog, I've reduced the number of ads on the message board in favor of putting them in more visible locations. 

I've noticed, too, that your ads/ad pimping is to be found much more frequently in the text of your posts (the TiqIq and DraftStreet ones, in particular).

I can glaze over them pretty easily, but it's a noticeable change.  I hope they're more effective for you.

To some extent, that's just a coincidence - with the new season, those were two new deals that kicked off.

#29 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Youtube "wired" ad autoplay with volume. In the Forums on the right just below "recent topics".

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#30 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Youtube "wired" ad autoplay with volume. In the Forums on the right just below "recent topics".

For "Wired" magazine?

(Sorry and thanks.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).