TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hey, Ace, was it last week or so when the software behind the MB got refreshed?

The look of the quoted replies changed a bit, which was a bit confusing at first, but I think may now be a little clearer.

What I'm not sure of is what happened to the notification telling you if someone "liked" someone else's post.  Say, if Tim posted something and Joe and Katie liked it, you'd see "Hansman and Katie like this" in the bottom right.  That doesn't appear to be there anymore.  It also seems that if I liked that post, it wouldn't even show the "You like this post" note that used to be there.

What the foo?

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Testing the like thing now, by liking yours.

Yeah, there was a big update last week, the specifics of which were a bit unclear to me before the update (it's usually huge, long list of minor things). The liking problem could be a glitch with the current version that they'll patch soon after - that's usually how it works. I'll look into it, though.

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Someone go ahead and like TWC's comment and mine. That way I can see if it's a permissions issue, or if everyone can no longer see the like thingy.

#4 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

I just liked your first response.

And I can see (in the notifications menu in the top right) that you liked my post, but it's not showing up in the message body itself.

#5 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

I liked them both, nothing showing up.

- diehard fanclub member #002

#6 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Nothing showing up for me, either, which makes me think it was a change made to the software (either intentionally or by accident). I'll look into whether it was an oopsie that's being fixed, or an on purposie that's going to piss you off.

#7 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Sounds familiar... Make the clients find all the problems!  We don't have time to test. :lol:

#8 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

The look of the quoted replies changed a bit, which was a bit confusing at first, but I think may now be a little clearer.

What I'm not sure of is what happened to the notification telling you if someone "liked" someone else's post.  Say, if Tim posted something and Joe and Katie liked it, you'd see "Hansman and Katie like this" in the bottom right.  That doesn't appear to be there anymore.  It also seems that if I liked that post, it wouldn't even show the "You like this post" note that used to be there.

What the foo?

What do you mean *if* they liked it?

Actually, thanks for asking Tom. I was wondering the same thing a couple days ago.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#9 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

What the foo?

Actually, thanks for asking Tom. I was wondering the same thing a couple days ago.

If we had a "Dislike" button, I'd break it responding to your posts...

#10 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

What the foo?

I've seen forums with the down vote or "off topic". It can get quite contentious. Of course, most posts on the MB are off topic. (That was my nice response.)

Here is my other:

dr_phil_your_fat.jpg

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#11 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

What the foo?

I've seen forums with the down vote or "off topic". It can get quite contentious. Of course, most posts on the MB are off topic. (That was my nice response.)

Here is my other:

<a picture of me in 15 years with 200 pounds removed for space>.

Mmmm, sugar coated fat...

#12 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

I don't like anyone's posts but my own so I'm good with it.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#13 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

*bump*

Just wonderin', Ace...

#14 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

*bump*

Just wonderin', Ace...

I searched the feature changes and the bug reports at IPB and found no mention of the "like" button on either. It's still a pretty new version, so I wanted to give it a little more time for the (probable) bug report to develop.

#15 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

*bump*

Just wonderin', Ace...

I searched the feature changes and the bug reports at IPB and found no mention of the "like" button on either. It's still a pretty new version, so I wanted to give it a little more time for the (probable) bug report to develop.

Cool.  Thanks.  Just looking for a status update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).