4 replies to this topic

#1 Chad

Chad

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Taking my wife to a cubs game in May. Have not been to wrigley in years and wanted to know the best place to stay that is not super expensive, but is in good position to get to the game and back easily.  It is a night game if that makes a difference.

Thanks

#2 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

I've stayed at the Hilton and Knickerbacher. Ill be staying at Embassy Suites in May, but I haven't stayed there before.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#3 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

I've stayed at the Hilton and Knickerbacher. Ill be staying at Embassy Suites in May, but I haven't stayed there before.

The Knickerbocker Millennium has good internet deals sometimes too.  As a bonus, I really like arguing with the bartender there.  It's not real convenient to the red line, but it's within walking distance.  So just take the train to and from Wrigley and don't bother with cabs, cars or parking. 

#4 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

The Knickerbocker Millennium has good internet deals sometimes too.  As a bonus, I really like arguing with the bartender there.  It's not real convenient to the red line, but it's within walking distance.  So just take the train to and from Wrigley and don't bother with cabs, cars or parking.
Absolutely leave the car at the hotel and take the train. If you have any little ones they will get a kick out of it as a bonus.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#5 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

If you're okay not staying on the Mag Mile, I'd give the Palmer House a call. It's got some history and is very convenient to the red line.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).