Patrick

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:basenarcissist
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

So Ian is on another Twitter binge tonight. It's 2am in Des Moines Iowa, where Ian is on his rehab assignment. He has a game in 12 hours and to me it's just a little off that he's up tweeting about the Rockies.

The Rockies cut Chris Nelson which upsets Ian because:

1: Nelson was drafted by the Rockies

2: This screws Nelson the way the Rockies screwed Ian

3: The Rockies could have done it two years ago and kept Ian

Oh and when asked where he was, Ian tweed the following: de Moines damn Iowa ,,,,,,plplace stinks

I appreciate an athlete showing some honesty... some reality... but this evening just hit me the wrong way.

#2 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Being that I'm from Des Moines it always pisses me off when players talk shit about it. Sappelt did the same thing. It rubs me the wrong way when players who are getting paid money to play a GAME bitch & moan.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#3 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

He doesn't like Des Moines and Des Moines doesn't like him and his .000 .100 batting average and every other day injury.

I used to be a fan.  I'm not anymore.  We should stick with Valbuena and send this guy packing in my opinion.

- diehard fanclub member #002

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,645 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

I would imagine if you called him out on the Des Moines comments, he would say it's because it isn't Chicago, and he wants to be playing in Chicago right now, not Iowa.

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

With the way he's swinging the, bat in the PCL, it seems he needs to work harder to get some semblance of a bat, and stop tweeting in the wee hours if he wants to get out of Iowa so bad.  If he keeps this up, Josh Vitters will be playing 3b in Chicago before Stewart.  I can't see how anyone has legitimate hope that this guy is going to figure it out and become an asset for the Cubs. 

#6 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

If only the people of Iowa weren't so by god stubborn, players wouldn't mind playing there.

If even one person gets that reference, I'll chalk it up as a win.

#7 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

With the way he's swinging the, bat in the PCL, it seems he needs to work harder to get some semblance of a bat, and stop tweeting in the wee hours if he wants to get out of Iowa so bad.  If he keeps this up, Josh Vitters will be playing 3b in Chicago before Stewart.  I can't see how anyone has legitimate hope that this guy is going to figure it out and become an asset for the Cubs. 

I used to believe that we had a shot at getting something close to 2008-2010 Ian Stewart but if he so depserately wants to sit at home watching WWE while tweeting until all hours of the morning and he thinks Colorado screwed him over and wants to be back there...

GO ON, GET OUT OF HERE.  SCREW YOU AND THE DONKEY YOU RODE IN ON.

#8 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I used to believe that we had a shot at getting something close to 2008-2010 Ian Stewart but if he so depserately wants to sit at home watching WWE while tweeting until all hours of the morning and he thinks Colorado screwed him over and wants to be back there...

GO ON, GET OUT OF HERE.  SCREW YOU AND THE DONKEY YOU RODE IN ON.

unexpected-monk-meme-generator-do-me-a-f

#9 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I would imagine if you called him out on the Des Moines comments, he would say it's because it isn't Chicago, and he wants to be playing in Chicago right now, not Iowa.

More specifically, he wants to be on any major league team as opposed to any minor league team. Selfish bastard.

In all seriousness, he can't be this bad. If nothing else, guys like him should be torching PCL pitching, leading to false confidence from the fans.

Usually when a player on a rehab assignment is putting up weak numbers, it's not because they're struggling, it's by design. For example with pitchers, they're instructed to throw a certain pitch over and over for the sake of repetition regardless of what the hitters to with it.

My guess with Stewart is that priority 1 is pitch recognition. It's possible that he's being instructed to lay off fastballs, no matter how meaty they are and look for off speed stuff. As a result, he's keeping the bat on his shoulder for seemingly perfect pitches and going after more off speed stuff. Seeing as PCL pitchers tend to throw either fastballs down the middle, or junk, and he's laying off the fastballs, leading to a lot of Ks. His 3 walks today are as encouraging as anything else he could have done.

#10 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

More specifically, he wants to be on any major league team as opposed to any minor league team. Selfish bastard.

In all seriousness, he can't be this bad. If nothing else, guys like him should be torching PCL pitching, leading to false confidence from the fans.

Usually when a player on a rehab assignment is putting up weak numbers, it's not because they're struggling, it's by design. For example with pitchers, they're instructed to throw a certain pitch over and over for the sake of repetition regardless of what the hitters to with it.

My guess with Stewart is that priority 1 is pitch recognition. It's possible that he's being instructed to lay off fastballs, no matter how meaty they are and look for off speed stuff. As a result, he's keeping the bat on his shoulder for seemingly perfect pitches and going after more off speed stuff. Seeing as PCL pitchers tend to throw either fastballs down the middle, or junk, and he's laying off the fastballs, leading to a lot of Ks. His 3 walks today are as encouraging as anything else he could have done.

Very true.

His swing and contact rates are down, his BB and K rate are elevated.  They might be working on pitch recognition.

#11 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Damn, I thought it was going to be Ian Stewart's Twitter hacked...  Popular fad atm, they say accounts hacked left and right in order to cover up the fact that they either did a faux pas or said something ridiculously worse than that.  Damn, damn, damn, I got excited for no reason.  ;) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).