fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

In related news, Brent Lillobridge is hitting .455/.520/.682 through 6 games in Iowa. How were we so blind and foolish as to not see what we had?!?!?!? WHYYYY?!?

As a player, what is preferable, hitting .042 in the majors or .455/.520/.682 in AAA?

It depends, what is the player's Overall Belly-Fire Percentage?

In all seriousness, when it comes to AAA, specifically the PCL OBP trumps the power numbers. the majority of PCL pitchers are junk ballers or strictly straight fastball pitchers. The guys like LaHair. Fox, and Hoffpauir that have put up Ruthian numbers there usually do it in their 3rd or 4th season there, and by then, they're seeing those same pitchers and rarely do those dogs learn new tricks. They're essentially facing Casey Coleman, J.R. Mathes, and Randy Wells every game with a legit prospect or two mixed in here and there.

Then they come to the big leagues and feast on fasballs for a month or so. Unfortunately for them, even the most middling of big league pitchers will soon adapt to them, and laugh as they helplessly flail away at very high/low and inside/outside pitches like a slow witted 7 year old attacking a pinada

The reason that I think that Sweeney is different is due to his big league track record.

Pinada, is that something like a piñata or is it more like a panda? The results would be wildly different.

I'll go with the panda.  If only because it would be more fun.

He meant New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda.  Small children go into a violent rage whenever he's nearby and nobody knows why

#17 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

btw Campana is hitting below the Mendoza line in the PCL.  yikes!

#18 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

btw Campana is hitting below the Mendoza line in the PCL.  yikes!

Clearly he should have been starting on the Cubs.

The DFA/trade must have totally messed w/ his psyche.

#19 npnovak

npnovak

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Twitter:@npnovak

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

It's good to see others share my opinion on Campana.  Too many people think the he should be starting on the Cubs still and that video of him stealing home didn't help.

#20 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

I used to be one of those people Novak.  But watching enough of him play now has turned me into a nonbeliever.

#21 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

I used to be one of those people Novak.  But watching enough of him play now has turned me into a nonbeliever.

Not to be offensive but this has always confused me when it comes to Campana.  After watching a couple of games I quickly knew two things 1-he could play the OF because he couldn't reach the cut off man with his pathetic arm and 2-he couldn't hit the ball out of the infield.  I guess people love it when a child like boy can run really really fast but I never saw anything that showed me he had any value expect for a pinch runner.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#22 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Not to be offensive but this has always confused me when it comes to Campana.  After watching a couple of games I quickly knew two things 1-he could play the OF because he couldn't reach the cut off man with his pathetic arm and 2-he couldn't hit the ball out of the infield.  I guess people love it when a child like boy can run really really fast but I never saw anything that showed me he had any value expect for a pinch runner.

He is a fairly exciting player, so I can see how someone could be fooled at first glance.  The confusion comes now when people still clamor for him after the veil has been lifted, even though he's not good enough to play for his new team either. 

#23 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

But, he's sooomg fast.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#24 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

any news on the guys we got for him?  I'm guessing due to their age they're either in the dominican summer league or extended ST

#25 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

I liked him at first glance because he reminded me of the old school way of playing baseball.  Instead of trying to hit over the fence, he played small ball.  And I loved it.  But yeah, after seeing more and more of him, I realized that he isn't as good as I thought he was.

#26 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

I liked him at first glance because he reminded me of the old school way of playing baseball.  Instead of trying to hit over the fence, he played small ball.  And I loved it.  But yeah, after seeing more and more of him, I realized that he isn't as good as I thought he was.

He wasn't "playing" small ball, he, like us, hit the ball as hard as we could. It unfortunately never made too far.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#27 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

He wasn't "playing" small ball, he, like us, hit the ball as hard as we could. It unfortunately never made too far.

Hahaha, fair enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).