Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

For those of us that are alphabetically challenged. A spell checker that pops up the correct spelling would be nice.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

That would be handy, but spell-checking tends to be a browser-based function, rather than a site software function. For example, I'm on Chrome, and when I misspell a word, I get the old red underline thing.

#3 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

That would be handy, but spell-checking tends to be a browser-based function, rather than a site software function. For example, I'm on Chrome, and when I misspell a word, I get the old red underline thing.

I do as well (safari for windows at work) but it doesn't show the correct spelling options. I didn't know if there was a possibility of adding an icon (with the other formatting buttons) with that capability.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

I do as well (safari for windows at work) but it doesn't show the correct spelling options. I didn't know if there was a possibility of adding an icon (with the other formatting buttons) with that capability.

Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately. Small help of which you might already be aware: right-click gets you the correct spelling options.

#5 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately. Small help of which you might already be aware: right-click gets you the correct spelling options.

Do you have someone who codes the site for you or are you using WordPress templates and software?

#6 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Do you have someone who codes the site for you or are you using WordPress templates and software?

It's all me. Yup, Wordpress plus template plus IPB forum software. I have a fair bit of coding myself.

#7 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Not on safari for windows (Mac at home). I know coding is a bithxh. Especially for all the different browsers out there.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#8 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:19 AM

Not on safari for windows (Mac at home). I know coding is a bithxh. Especially for all the different browsers out there.

Indeed. And I appreciate the suggestion (and any and all others). I'll just have to pass on some of them (for now).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).