Caleb

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook:Caleb Shreves
  • LocationSt. Louis :(

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm studying for Law Finals, but I wanted to at least get this thread going. Plus, this weeked sucked donkey sack for me, so I hate everything now.

Headed into week 4 there were 4 undefeated teams: Myself (PatandRons), 105andCounting, Slumpbusters, and BeerBeckettChicken. 

I was taken down by FTMitten by a decent margin, the fault of which I'm going to lay completely on the lap of Albert "I used to be good" Pujols. Beckett was taken down by Katie's Taint, aka Goat,on the back of Buster Posey scoring 52 points nad 82 (two starts) by Felix "I start every 3 days" Hernandez. 2 down. Slumpy-mcslumpterton was beat by Katie's tainted glove (don't be confused with all the taint) after yet another solid performance by "I'm good with my team as-is" Katie. Alex Cobb is apparently the best pitcher ever.

That left 105 to dominate Sandberg, handily. Correia got a solid 73 points for Sandberg, but 105 saw 84 out of TONY CINGRANI and 53 out of "I'm in the RP slot but I'm starting anyway" Hisashi Iwakuma. At least my former dude Daniel Murphy only scored 6 points.  Well played, 105.  Best of luck continuing your streak against Luke, who is 0-4 and ranked 22. He's got a couple of two-starters and a heating up offense though, so don't think you can roll through it.

Here are some stats for ya:

1. BobBrenly: 523

2.Cubbie Blues 505 (ima crush you this week)

3.105Counting 482

Losers...

1. Troutfield angels 172

2Scherzer Smashers (welcome back) 269

3.  LUke 273

Top Offense of the week:

1. Nate Mclouth: 80

2. JOsh Donaldson 72

3.Edwin Encarnationmilk 66

TOp pitchers.

1Cingrani 84

2. Hernandez 82

3. Moore  80

But, to be fair, here is a top 3 *individual* start list:

1 Anibal Sanchez 62

2. Wainright 51 (holler)

3. Zimmerman 50

Closest match: FearBoners and StinkyPete.  Poor boners... it's like having a BABIP of .001.  It'll turn around--dont sell off yet.

Biggest Blowout: Soler over Angels: 280.  Ouch.  Second: Brenly over Luke 250.

Tommy, who unrelatedly implemented the new scoring system, is still your overall points leader with 1900.  Second place is Beckett and 105 tied at 1786. Troutfield leads the losers with 1012. 

Finally, good to see some trade movement going down. Lots of players out there, lots of unused value and potential moves to make.  Don't be afraid to ask or get a conversation started, and don't be afraid to add in other teams if it's the way to get something done.  Trust me, nothing feels as fullfilling as a threeway.

Also, if you've not seen the message board on fleaflicker, there was a discussion on trade review, expediting, etc.  Jump in if you want, though it seems like the early consensus is to leave things as they are--tough luck be damned--unless there's some sort of system glitch.

Caleb

PS I actually considered benching Pujols this week.  Think about that.

2 points. Seriously?

PPS I can't copy paste from fleaflicker.  Lame, Brett.

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Looks like I decided to do this at about the same time you did.

#3 Caleb

Caleb

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Ha- great minds and all that.

#4 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Let's get three people to do the recap next week lol

#5 Caleb

Caleb

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Also: two big 3-1 matchups this week.

Me and CubbieBlues...but I have Wainright going twice, a revamped team, and a flier back on my original dylan axelrod (you'll regret not grabbing him when you had the chance).

Also, tommy goes up against Katie.  That's my match of the week.  Possibility that Tommy gets a two-start or two, but otherwise this should be pretty straight up.

#6 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Let's get three people to do the recap next week lol

If I get time tonight or tomorrow I might do just that

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#7 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Oh and Jeffy I'm going to take your crown and Katie's wrench and shove it straight up your taint.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#8 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yes, I'm fine with my team. I don't feel the need to do a trade every week. Sue me.

Tommy will destroy me, I'm sure, but it will be fun to watch.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#9 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Oh and Jeffy I'm going to take your crown and Katie's wrench and shove it straight up your taint.

I broke my taint back in '03 in a hunting accident, so this doesn't bother me.  I have potential to upset you this week, I have a few pitchers going twice this week, but that's a volatile thing for me.  It should be a good week if I get any offense. 

#10 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

ima crush you this week doesn't equal

Cubbie Blues 505

Edwin Encarnationmilk 66

Anibal Sanchez 62

Does not compute. You forgot about Miggy, Samardzija, Kyle Kendrick, B Phillips & Josh Willingham. Oh, I almost forgot I have Cashner against the Cubs as well.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#11 Caleb

Caleb

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Well as you know the Cubs are on fire, so Cashner will surely get stomped.  And, Wainright is opposite the Shark and, well, Wainright is better.  For now.  Kenrick?  You mean that 5th starter we pulled off waivers off and on last year to watch get lit up?  He'll be falling off his lucky streak just about...this week. Miggy can be Pujol's batboy.  I think I put some belly fire into him with my condemnation--27 points last night.  Multiply that...he's looking at 189 points this week. 

I do like Edwin though.  He'll have a good week--at least I won't embarrass you completely.  Sanchez will do fine, but the Lohse-anator will cancel him out. 

P&Rs back on top baby.  Get ready for it. 

#12 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

Well as you know the Cubs are on fire, so Cashner will surely get stomped.  And, Wainright is opposite the Shark and, well, Wainright is better.  For now.  Kenrick?  You mean that 5th starter we pulled off waivers off and on last year to watch get lit up?  He'll be falling off his lucky streak just about...this week. Miggy can be Pujol's batboy.  I think I put some belly fire into him with my condemnation--27 points last night.  Multiply that...he's looking at 189 points this week. 

I do like Edwin though.  He'll have a good week--at least I won't embarrass you completely.  Sanchez will do fine, but the Lohse-anator will cancel him out. 

P&Rs back on top baby.  Get ready for it. 

I was wondering how you could get your math so wrong. Then I remembered, you're from St. Louis.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#13 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

lol I have an almost 100 point lead after day one due to some boo boo pitching on Hot 4 Rizzo

#14 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Also: two big 3-1 matchups this week.

Me and CubbieBlues...but I have Wainright going twice, a revamped team, and a flier back on my original dylan axelrod (you'll regret not grabbing him when you had the chance).

Also, tommy goes up against Katie.  That's my match of the week.  Possibility that Tommy gets a two-start or two, but otherwise this should be pretty straight up.

Pfft, clearly the biggest match-up of the week is between my team and the Fear Boners. Talk about a titanic clash, somebody's gonna lose their perfect record this week!

#15 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

I'm actually scoring fairly normal amounts of points this week.  We've made it all the way to Tuesday and not one of my players has turned in a double-digit negative clunker.

I'm pretty sure that's a first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).