hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Slugger Hack Wilson set a record for most RBIs in a season in 1930 which stood until 1999, when it was broken by what man?

How many RBIs did Hack Wilson get in 1930 and how many RBIs did the other man get in 1999?

3 points possible today.

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Slugger Hack Wilson set a record for most RBIs in a season in 1930 which stood until 1999, when it was broken by what man?

How many RBIs did Hack Wilson get in 1930 and how many RBIs did the other man get in 1999?

3 points possible today.

I think your calendar is broke.  Wilson has the record, it's 191. 

I think Manny got above 160 in 99, but nowhere close to Hack.  If I'm wrong, shoot me.  If not, I get Joe's hamburgers for the day.

#3 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

IIRC, Hack Wilson initially had 190 rbi's.  Then, someone found another one.  So he had 191.

Sheepishly, I am not sure who broke the record.  Honestly, I didn't even know it was broken.  If you put a gun to my head and make me guess I would say Bonds wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith ........... 195.

BTW, rbi's are the devil and and meaningless so the question is invalid.  How about a real question like: Who holds the record for LD%?  What was that man's ISOd in 1999?

Haha.  I'm just bein' stupid.  Don't mind me.

#4 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

PS Hans, Did you get snow?

#5 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

This must be a trick question.  Did Jerome Holtzman break the record? I think he got credit for bumping up Wilson's total to 191.

#6 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

IIRC, Hack Wilson initially had 190 rbi's.  Then, someone found another one.  So he had 191.

Sheepishly, I am not sure who broke the record.  Honestly, I didn't even know it was broken.  If you put a gun to my head and make me guess I would say Bonds wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith ........... 195.

BTW, rbi's are the devil and and meaningless so the question is invalid.  How about a real question like: Who holds the record for LD%?  What was that man's ISOd in 1999?

No,

3rv0hf.jpg

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#7 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'll guess that the Calender claims Sosa broke the record.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#8 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

How about: Hack Wilson's record of 190 rbi's in 1930 was broken by Hack WIlson with 191 in 1999. Is that cheating?

#9 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

How about: Hack Wilson's record of 190 rbi's in 1930 was broken by Hack WIlson with 191 in 1999. Is that cheating?

Ha, for the win.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#10 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

3 points possible today.

I think your calendar is broke.  Wilson has the record, it's 191. 

I think Manny got above 160 in 99, but nowhere close to Hack.  If I'm wrong, shoot me.  If not, I get Joe's hamburgers for the day.

WOOHOO, I GET FREE HAMBURGERS!!!!

You get 2 points.  Hack Wilson had 190 and then had 191.

This must be a trick question.  Did Jerome Holtzman break the record? I think he got credit for bumping up Wilson's total to 191.

Spriggs gets the other point!  This is all somewhat accurate.  Cooperstown historian Cliff Kachline found the RBI and Holtzman verified.

PS Hans, Did you get snow?

Yes, it was snowing quite a bit earlier.

I'll guess that the Calender claims Sosa broke the record.

Anti-Spriggs with the save!

#11 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Ha, for the win.

That is what the calendar actually says:

Slugger Hack Wilson of the Cubs set a record of 190 RBIs in 1930 which stood until 1999, when it was broken by Hack Wilson.  A long-lost extra RBI had been found by Cooperstown researcher Cliff Kachline, and later verified by MLB historian Jerome Holtzman.  Wilson is now credited with a record 191 RBIs that year.

#12 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Ha, for the win.

Slugger Hack Wilson of the Cubs set a record of 190 RBIs in 1930 which stood until 1999, when it was broken by Hack Wilson.  A long-lost extra RBI had been found by Cooperstown researcher Cliff Kachline, and later verified by MLB historian Jerome Holtzman.  Wilson is now credited with a record 191 RBIs that year.

#13 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

It was right before me and I didn't see it.  Another partially correct answer.  MFer.

#14 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

I think Spriggs just likes to make sure everyone else has seen what others have said. :P

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#15 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

Ha, for the win.

Aw, I'll call bullshit.  The record wasn't "broken".  It was just re-certified, or re-set.

Fucking calendar.  This shit didn't happen when Phil was here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).