#16 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

How about: Hack Wilson's record of 190 rbi's in 1930 was broken by Hack WIlson with 191 in 1999. Is that cheating?

Ha, for the win.

That is what the calendar actually says:

Slugger Hack Wilson of the Cubs set a record of 190 RBIs in 1930 which stood until 1999, when it was broken by Hack Wilson.  A long-lost extra RBI had been found by Cooperstown researcher Cliff Kachline, and later verified by MLB historian Jerome Holtzman.  Wilson is now credited with a record 191 RBIs that year.

Aw, I'll call bullshit.  The record wasn't "broken".  It was just re-certified, or re-set.

Fucking calendar.  This shit didn't happen when Phil was here.

Yea, Phil kept that calendar in line.

#17 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

How about: Hack Wilson's record of 190 rbi's in 1930 was broken by Hack WIlson with 191 in 1999. Is that cheating?

Ha, for the win.

Slugger Hack Wilson of the Cubs set a record of 190 RBIs in 1930 which stood until 1999, when it was broken by Hack Wilson.  A long-lost extra RBI had been found by Cooperstown researcher Cliff Kachline, and later verified by MLB historian Jerome Holtzman.  Wilson is now credited with a record 191 RBIs that year.

Aw, I'll call bullshit.  The record wasn't "broken".  It was just re-certified, or re-set.

Phil is a little preoccupied at the moment.

killers-sawdust_cover.jpg

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#18 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Ha, for the win.

Phil is a little preoccupied at the moment.

killers-sawdust_cover.jpg

Phil's touring with The Killers?

Far out, man.

#19 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Ha, for the win.

First off, I’d like to thank Fishin Phil, whom I really admire … especially for staying on this Summer, and signing a really strong draft class … I hope I can demonstrate that same class and loyalty.”

I believe we can preserve the things that make the Calendar special … and build a solid foundation that delivers sustained success. 

#20 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

No more quote button for me. 

#21 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

It was right before me and I didn't see it.  Another partially correct answer.  MFer.

But you had RBI are the devil, that answer is wholly correct, so it has to be at least a whole point.

#22 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

No more quote button for me. 

Ahhh, but I do so enjoy it.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#23 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Ha, for the win.

First off, I’d like to thank Fishin Phil, whom I really admire … especially for staying on this Summer, and signing a really strong draft class … I hope I can demonstrate that same class and loyalty.”

I believe we can preserve the things that make the Calendar special … and build a solid foundation that delivers sustained success.

The calendar is not linear. Oh wait....

#24 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Geez, I wonder if tomorrow's calendar Fact-turned-into-a-trivia-question will generate this kind of hatred.

#25 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Geez, I wonder if tomorrow's calendar Fact-turned-into-a-trivia-question will generate this kind of hatred.

Hatred is way too strong of a word. I would view it more as ambiguity.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#26 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

It's not your phault, Joe.

#27 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

crying-girl-why-try.jpg

#28 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

<Deleted picture of Joe's daughter when she finds out he's doing the trivia again instead of Phil>

did-someone-forget-their-big-girl-pantie

#29 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

If it's really convoluted like today's was, just keep it a fact. That's what Phil did.

#30 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

If it's really convoluted like today's was, just keep it a fact. That's what Phil did.

WWPD

What Wood Phil Do?

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).