Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

I've never been to Iowa.  But I can't imagine it being much different than Indiana.

It's not.  But at least parts of IN have some topography.

They print relief maps of Iowa on sheets of glass.
I've driven there before. It is a brutally boring drive.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#17 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hell yeah I'm down with the get down. Just got my mug club membership so I'll be ready to go.

Katie and Hansman keep your eye peeled for me and my bleacher nation shirt!

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#18 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

And now to totally hijack this thread...

In an attempt to back up my Iowa smear, I found the following chart: http://en.wikipedia....es_by_elevation

While I was incorrect -- IN is indeed flatter than IA -- it's interesting to see how close they are.  I'm actually surprised that IL is flatter than both.  In my mind the topography from Galena down to Garden of the Gods is much more severe, but it appears that the grade changes have been magnified in my years away.

Oh T-Dub if only I could show you the Topography of Iowa. I would take you to the highest mountians which flow in to the most serene sea's of eehh, corn.

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#19 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

In an attempt to back up my Iowa smear, I found the following chart: http://en.wikipedia....es_by_elevation

While I was incorrect -- IN is indeed flatter than IA -- it's interesting to see how close they are.  I'm actually surprised that IL is flatter than both.  In my mind the topography from Galena down to Garden of the Gods is much more severe, but it appears that the grade changes have been magnified in my years away.

Oh T-Dub if only I could show you the Topography of Iowa. I would take you to the highest mountians which flow in to the most serene sea's of eehh, corn.

Yo, kid, no shit -- I traverse more of an elevation change going to Home Depot than I would driving from the highest to the lowest point in Iowa.

#20 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Yo, kid, no shit -- I traverse more of an elevation change going to Home Depot than I would driving from the highest to the lowest point in Iow

I should try that, I'm usually leveling out about 30,000 ft when I'm at the Grocery store and buying all sorts of junk food.

#21 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

TWC, you are a fucking dork but I dig it. What we lack in hills and valleys, we more than make up for in fried food and beautiful women. Ask Jack Kerouac.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#22 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

Hell yeah I'm down with the get down. Just got my mug club membership so I'll be ready to go.

Katie and Hansman keep your eye peeled for me and my bleacher nation shirt!

I will do that! We will probably Pregame at High Life so join us there. I will have on a custom tee shirt that will be awesome.

#23 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Bumping that for anyone interested in attending the game!
Come on down. Eat some hamburgers and quit being a bunch of pussies!

#24 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

sorry I can't make it Iowa needs a talking goat to drink all of its beer

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#25 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Bumping that for anyone interested in attending the game!
Come on down. Eat some hamburgers and quit being a bunch of pussies!

I'm on my way!  Woo-hoo!! ROAD TRIP!!!

Nah.  Gotta finish my dining room renovation.  I'l be up to my ankles in sheetrock dust.

#26 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

TWC and Goat, I would be hard pressed to think of anyone I'd rather watch an Iowa Cubs game than you two.

Did you see on the twitters that the I Cubs are giving me the owners seats for the game?!

#27 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

TWC and Goat, I would be hard pressed to think of anyone I'd rather watch an Iowa Cubs game than you two.

Did you see on the twitters that the I Cubs are giving me the owners seats for the game?!

You're on twitter?!  ZOMG!

I'd make some snide comment inquiring how you finagled those tickets, but I've got too much work to do this morning.  Sorry, kid.

#28 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

WHAT THE FUCKETY FARK!  Thats Awesome, I now wish I had disposable income and I'd book a flight right now.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#29 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

All of these group meetings, and drinking parties you guys are having are starting to piss me off.  My only outlet is to go watch the Marlins.  (it is so bad here that I got two tickets, behind home plate, 2 bucks apiece from a scalper last weekend) I would try to organize a Daytona get-together, but it would just get rained out. 

#30 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

All of these group meetings, and drinking parties you guys are having are starting to piss me off.  My only outlet is to go watch the Marlins.  (it is so bad here that I got two tickets, behind home plate, 2 bucks apiece from a scalper last weekend) I would try to organize a Daytona get-together, but it would just get rained out. 

Daytona?  Spring Break!  Woo-hoo!

tumblr_lz9eezILgh1qcozlpo2_r1_250.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).