#1 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'm getting an early start tomorrow travelling, and I'm not sure what my availability will be to get this up in a timely manner. So the game thread is going up massively early. Hooray!

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

WGN really needs to get more games.  I think I've only been able to watch 1 game in the last 2 weeks besides the games in Miami.  I'm even getting the YES network now, but still no Chicago.  Bastards. 

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Here's hoping...

#4 Todd

Todd

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationWhale's vagina

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

WGN really needs to get more games.  I think I've only been able to watch 1 game in the last 2 weeks besides the games in Miami.  I'm even getting the YES network now, but still no Chicago.  Bastards. 

WGN will always be near and dear to my heart, but I've lived in Southern California for some time now and I really hope FOX Sports gets full rights to Cubs games. Having dedicated pre and post game coverage is sweet. The late night replays are sweet, as well.

#5 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Dude ... :D

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#6 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

WGN will always be near and dear to my heart, but I've lived in Southern California for some time now and I really hope FOX Sports gets full rights to Cubs games. Having dedicated pre and post game coverage is sweet. The late night replays are sweet, as well.

Fox would be great, as long as it isn't Comcast getting the full rights, because that would pretty much eliminate me from getting to watch the Cubs during the season. 

#7 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

WGN used to be such a huge part of my life.  It's now irrelevent.  Their broadcasts are 2nd rate when you consider pre and post game.  The sound is always bad on all their games as well.... way too much background noise.  Basketball too.

Cubs broadcasts in general, no matter the station, get worse all the time.  And with Santo and now Brenley gone, it's getting even worse.  I find myself listening to the other team more and more.  Recently the SF and SD announcers were just so much better.  I ended up listening to them exclusively and will again.  Cincy is a different story though!

#8 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Fox would be great, as long as it isn't Comcast getting the full rights, because that would pretty much eliminate me from getting to watch the Cubs during the season. 

I'm still holding out hope they go ahead and start their own network. Even if it is only half of the games to start with. It would allow them to get their feet wet with it and work out the kinks before having a full schedule.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#9 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

WGN used to be such a huge part of my life.  It's now irrelevent.  Their broadcasts are 2nd rate when you consider pre and post game.  The sound is always bad on all their games as well.... way too much background noise.  Basketball too.

Cubs broadcasts in general, no matter the station, get worse all the time.  And with Santo and now Brenley gone, it's getting even worse.  I find myself listening to the other team more and more.  Recently the SF and SD announcers were just so much better.  I ended up listening to them exclusively and will again.  Cincy is a different story though!

I still miss Artie from the 80's maybe the early 90's too?

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#10 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

So true. 

- diehard fanclub member #002

#11 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Having bought the full MLB.tv package for the first time, I've already watched more games that I have over the last two or three seasons combined.

I've found myself enjoying Len much, much more than I used to, and I think that JD is a pretty great addition.  I like that there are notable quiet moments during a broadcast.  While I liked him, it always seemed to me that Brenly couldn't let 3 empty seconds go by without saying *something*.  I appreciate the quiet moments.  I mean, it's baseball, after all.

Moreland, however, cannot shut the fuck up.  Ever.

But while you all know my feelings on, I remain completely in love with Pat Hughes' play calling.  I think i could almost stomach a Pat Hughes/Hawk Harrelson combo due to Pat's presence alone.

#12 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

I've found myself enjoying Len much, much more than I used to, and I think that JD is a pretty great

I've warmed up to JD pretty quickly

Moreland, however, cannot shut the fuck up.

Truer words have never been said.

I think i could almost stomach a Pat Hughes/Hawk Harrelson combo

STFU you stupid bastard!!!

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#13 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

I've found myself enjoying Len much, much more than I used to, and I think that JD is a pretty great

I've warmed up to JD pretty quickly

I think i could almost stomach a Pat Hughes/Hawk Harrelson combo

STFU you stupid bastard!!!

Did you multi-quote just for the sake of insulting Spriggs?

#14 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Yesterday, Moreland was on some unintelligible "give yourself up to move the runners over" rant and rather than pausing to let Pat call the action on the field, *he* did it.  "Blah blah blah there's a pitch low and away, it's now 2-0 blah blah back to my story blah blah...".

I was amazed.

#15 cubsrock

cubsrock

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Carlos Villanueva through 1 inning

2 hits 1 run 0 walks 3 strikeouts 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).