Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Sign Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada to a Minor League Deal
Today, 07:16 PM
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Today, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Today, 12:42 PM
- Minor Acquisitions: Tommy Hottovy, Charles Cutler
Today, 10:58 AM
- Chicago Cubs Trade Brian Bogusevic to the Miami Marlins for Justin Ruggiano
Today, 08:40 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Serious Question: The Cubs - A Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich
Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:30 AM
Would you rather the Cubs be like the Blue Jays, Angels & Dodgers and spend money and resources and keep struggling to be .500 and possibly not make the playoffs then face dealing with those contracts for 5-10 years
have this mediocre team that isn’t suppose to be great but is building toward a sustainable future like the Cardinals, Giants & Rays have done so successfully?
So do you want the Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich
***and yes I'm bored - riding back to Michigan ***
Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:47 AM
I also agree with you, but would point out that the Blue Jays don't have very much money committed beyond next season, so they don't really fit with the others. I'd probably take being the Blue Jays, considering that most of their additions are through trading from a loaded farm system, something I sincerely hope the Cubs are able to do moving forward.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).