5 replies to this topic

#1 NebCub

NebCub

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

For anyone considering keeping Alfonso Soriano on the cubs team for even one more year something to remember. After the 2012 season Soriano will have 10 and 5 rights with the Cubs and will be able to decide his own fate on when he leaves the club. so the smart thing to do would be to trade him now or at the trade deadline this next year before that happens so we dont end up getting stuck with him for the remainder of his contract. better to get something for him now as opposed to being resigned to either letting him live out his contract in left field or releasing him. long time reader, first time poster, just realized that and figured i pass the thought along.

#2 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

Welcome aboard! Unfortunately Soriano was signed to a Hendry Special, so he's had a full no-trade since day 1. He also gets a suite on road trips and the most laughable bonus ever, $75,000 for winning a Gold Glove.

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

Indeed; welcome, and that's good thinking, but unfortunately, as Dave said, that issue's been present with Soriano for a while now.

The good news is he's suggested he'd accept a trade if the Cubs really wanted to move him.

#4 cubbiesfan18

cubbiesfan18

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Facebook:Dylan Thompson
  • LocationBoone, IA

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:32 AM

In my opinion I think the cubs should trade him. That's just my opinion though.

#5 MightyBear

MightyBear

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationPearland, Texas

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hendry did give out a lot of no trade clauses. I don't think you'll see that as much with the new regime.

#6 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Hendry did give out a lot of no trade clauses. I don't think you'll see that as much with the new regime.

I think you're right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).