Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Well, hopefully Brett is feeling better today...and the BN community is out in force(of course) with their support.  In yet another defense of Brett's .998  percentage that Phil alluded to...here are some leads Brett decided were not worthy of posts:

1.  A BN poster having dinner at Red Lobster, spots Jed Hoyer and Theo Epstein just two tables over.  The BN'er overhears Hoyer say "I have acquired both Bryce Harper and Mike Trout".  Upon further digging Brett discovers that Hoyer said "I can't decide between the grouper or the trout".

2.  The Wrigleyville Association of Neighbors Keeping Everything Rustic and Serene(WANKERS) uncover a secret plot by the Ricketts family to build an Obstruct-a-Tron which will prohibit all views from outside the park. Another group, the People United for all Development Stoppage(PUDS) corraborates the report, but The Wrigley Initiative for Total Serenity(TWITS) supports the obstruct-a-tron...Brett decides to stay out of the fray...

3.  Numerous outlets report that Carlos Marmol has been traded to the Angels for Dan Haren...Brett...errr, hey wait...

4.  A frequent poster reports seeing a new Chicago Cubs prospect, actually in his  uniform,  wandering aimlessly around the gates of Wrigley trying to get in...upon investigation Brett deduces it is just Ronnie Woo-Woo.

5.  BN moderator Michigan Goat pressures Brett relentlessly to pursue a lead regarding the recent be-heading of one of his goat brethren...Brett decides to leave the pursuit of barnyard animal decapitators to the Chicago Police.(which means someone will have to get paid before another animal meets such a gruesome end)

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

This is true and we are still seeking out our revenge.  I have also been know to drink barrels of delicious craft beer- which Bert refuses to forward on and post 

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Acronyms are fun - WANKERS almost caused a true LOL in my classroom.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#4 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Well, hopefully Brett is feeling better today...and the BN community is out in force(of course) with their support.  In yet another defense of Brett's .998  percentage that Phil alluded to...here are some leads Brett decided were not worthy of posts:

1.  A BN poster having dinner at Red Lobster, spots Jed Hoyer and Theo Epstein just two tables over.  The BN'er overhears Hoyer say "I have acquired both Bryce Harper and Mike Trout".  Upon further digging Brett discovers that Hoyer said "I can't decide between the grouper or the trout".

2.  The Wrigleyville Association of Neighbors Keeping Everything Rustic and Serene(WANKERS) uncover a secret plot by the Ricketts family to build an Obstruct-a-Tron which will prohibit all views from outside the park. Another group, the People United for all Development Stoppage(PUDS) collaborates the report, but The Wrigley Initiative for Total Serenity(TWITS) supports the obstruct-a-tron...Brett decides to stay out of the fray...

3.  Numerous outlets report that Carlos Marmol has been traded to the Angels for Dan Haren...Brett...errr, hey wait...

4.  A frequent poster reports seeing a new Chicago Cubs prospect, actually in his  uniform,  wandering aimlessly around the gates of Wrigley trying to get in...upon investigation Brett deduces it is just Ronnie Woo-Woo.

5.  BN moderator Michigan Goat pressures Brett relentlessly to pursue a lead regarding the recent be-heading of one of his goat brethren...Brett decides to leave the pursuit of barnyard animal decapitators to the Chicago Police.(which means someone will have to get paid before another animal meets such a gruesome end)

That was classic.

- diehard fanclub member #002

#5 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

6. After numerous carrier pigeon reports that the Cubs had given into the pressure and moved Castro to 2B to reduce errors, Brett determined that the incident in question was just Die Hard submitting his first BN comments to the site.

#6 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

7. After Hansman volunteered to eat Soriano's contract dollars as hamburgers, Brett decided to save Joe the heart attack instead of running with the story.  However this goat is now reporting that Hansman has already eaten 5M worth of hamburger - most of them while reading and responding to "Women in Baseball."  

MichiganGoat on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).