Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Cubs v. Pirates - May 21, 2013 (TV: CSN)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

You put Villanueva in the pen for a reason. To pitch in games likes this when there is a set pitch count. You dumb shit.

#62 OCCubFan

OCCubFan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationSanibel Island

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Ever since the bases were loaded, it was a high-leverage situation. Therefore, Sveum should have had one of his two best pitchers in there: Russell or Gregg. Sveum's big mistake was taking Russell out after the walk and putting in Camp. Sveum is too much in love with lefty-righty matchups.

#63 OCCubFan

OCCubFan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationSanibel Island

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

You put Villanueva in the pen for a reason. To pitch in games likes this when there is a set pitch count. You dumb shit.

Yes, he should have been the first option.

#64 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Man this IS ugly.  Mother f------

#65 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Ever since the bases were loaded, it was a high-leverage situation. Therefore, Sveum should have had one of his two best pitchers in there: Russell or Gregg. Sveum's big mistake was taking Russell out after the walk and putting in Camp. Sveum is too much in love with lefty-righty matchups.

He's in love with being an asshat.

#66 OCCubFan

OCCubFan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationSanibel Island

Anybody want to bet against 2 GS's in the same inning?

#67 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Al misses the cutoff man.

FUNDAMENTALS.

?

Ball came weakly into the infield. Either the cutoff man was not there or he was just missed. No harm no foul but heck these are pros. Just not sharp. Earlier Harriston threw one from 70 feet and over threw Barney. No harm no foul again. But what if? Little things win and lose games. Just pisses me off that they cant do things that should have been drummed in since little league.  RANT OVER. 

#68 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

For Christ's sake, Villanueva has struggled some lately, but this is exactly why he is in the pen and on the roster. What in the hell. Every fan should be furious at this bullshit piece of crap making the call in the dugout.

#69 wkranz54

wkranz54

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Gregg is our closer, he isn't pitching there.  But why not Villanueva.  I am okay with him pitching two innings (6th and 7th).  Camp is a mess. 

#70 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

The funny thing Sveum bringing in Marmol doesn't sound so bad.  At least we'd know things were about to go south. As it is 3 bullpen arms did as much if not more damage than a Marmol potential outing.  Go figure.

#71 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Gregg is our closer, he isn't pitching there.  But why not Villanueva.  I am okay with him pitching two innings (6th and 7th).  Camp is a mess. 

Duh...you, me, and everybody other than Sveum knows this to be the case. Stupid, stupid managing.

#72 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Sveum defenders have no case anymore. He's an awful in game manager.

#73 auggie1955

auggie1955

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

Yes, he should have been the first option.

Yeah,  Villanueva was the first guy that I expected to see too.   By the time  Dale  got him up in the pen,  the horse was already out of the barn.

#74 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Duh...you, me, and everybody other than Sveum knows this to be the case. Stupid, stupid managing.

This bull pen is bad. IF Villanenueva pitched two perfect innings it still would of happened in the eighth or ninth.

#75 OCCubFan

OCCubFan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationSanibel Island

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

You are correct. I just forgot about Villanueva. I would be okay with him pitching as many innings as were left, providing he was effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).