6 replies to this topic

#1 5412

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hi,

I made a post on the Baez thread in the article about him.  Basically I said I felt he was too close to home and he had a lot of growing up to do.  Yes, I know he is from Puerto Rico and only played in high school in the US for a few years.

For those who might want to look further, I suggest you check his splits.  He is hitting 50 points higher on the road and his OBP is 100 points higher.  I really suspect that he has a bit too much going on when he is home.....

I rest my case!

regards,

#2 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Eh, as long as he's laying off the crystal meth Josh Hamilton style he'll be alright.  I don't think, at his age, a promotion to AA would help very much.

Daytona's also an hour and a half south of Jacksonville, so I highly doubt that it's due to that.

#3 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

He was showing the exact same tendencies when he was in spring training in Arizona.  Geography has nothing to do with it.

#4 5412

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

He was showing the exact same tendencies when he was in spring training in Arizona.  Geography has nothing to do with it.

Hi,

I can't belabor the point; however I was told by a person who is quite familair with the situation to go check his splits, my instincts are correct.  I did what was suggested and made the post.

What I would find hard to do would be to promote him to get him out of dodge because he has yet to earn it.

Regards,

#5 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

A lot of players have large differences in their road and home splits.  It isn't all that uncommon.

#6 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

Hi,

I can't belabor the point; however I was told by a person who is quite familair with the situation to go check his splits, my instincts are correct.  I did what was suggested and made the post.

What I would find hard to do would be to promote him to get him out of dodge because he has yet to earn it.

Regards,

You also need to check other folks' splits.  It might be that the Daytona Cubs have a very pitcher friendly park or it may be that Baez does have the issue you are discussing.

Only having data on Baez and noone else doesn't let us make a decent conclusion.

#7 5412

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hi Guys,

Everything you say is true, I cannot diaagree.  At the same time I made the post based on a conversation I had with someone who is quite familiar with the situation who told ME I was correct and should check his stats.

Not a big deal, he is a young kid.  I just wish he would grow up and wise up and get on with the job.

regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).