Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Diamondbacks v. Cubs - May 31, 2013 (TV: CSN)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

The one Cub that worries me, is Castro.  He Ks too much and when he doesn't, the ball is hit for a safe out.......I wonder if someone is working with him in the cage.  ????   Hate to see him under perform like that.

#17 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

.......oh, and Castro selectivity at the plate is puzzling.  I mean, does he make up his mind he's going to swing at the ball before it's even pitched, and does it anyway when the ball is low, in the dirt or way outside, or high up?????........weird, and yes.....puzzling.

#18 wkranz54

wkranz54

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

So will we have to wait until the EBS post to hear folks on the front page saying that Valbuena and Hairston should be starting every day now?

I can get on with Valbuena, but Hairston?  Why because he is 1 for his last 1?  Coming into today he was batting .164 and he pretty much only plays against lefties which is supposed to be his strength.  Good to see him put a good swing on though. 

#19 wkranz54

wkranz54

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

.......oh, and Castro selectivity at the plate is puzzling.  I mean, does he make up his mind he's going to swing at the ball before it's even pitch and does it anyway when the ball is low, in the dirt or way outside, or high up?????........weird, and yes.....puzzling.

Time for a day off?  Move Barney over and last Valbuena play 2nd I guess

#20 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

So will we have to wait until the EBS post to hear folks on the front page saying that Valbuena and Hairston should be starting every day now?

I can get on with Valbuena, but Hairston?  Why because he is 1 for his last 1?  Coming into today he was batting .164 and he pretty much only plays against lefties which is supposed to be his strength.  Good to see him put a good swing on though. 

Yea, TWC is pokling fun at the way some fans tend to judge players based on their most recent performances, rather than looking at their larger body of work. And he's predicting that many of them will be flip-flopping after the game.

#21 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yea, TWC is pokling fun at the way some fans tend to judge players based on their most recent performances, rather than looking at their larger body of work. And he's predicting that many of them will be flip-flopping after the game.

Me? Poking fun?!  pshaw

In the aggregate, platoons work.  Period.  There's a reason that Valbuena sits against lefties, and Hairston against righties.

#22 wkranz54

wkranz54

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Me? Poking fun?!  pshaw

In the aggregate, platoons work.  Period.  There's a reason that Valbuena sits against lefties, and Hairston against righties.

Apologies next time I will sense the sarcasm. 

#23 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Me? Poking fun?!  pshaw

You know how you can tell TWC is bull shitting you?

If his mouth is moving. Or, um, his keyboard is typing, I guess.

#24 wkranz54

wkranz54

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

First QS of the year for Garza.  That a baby Matt, let's see the offers. 

#25 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Me? Poking fun?!  pshaw

*Please*, no apologies necessary.  Unless the Cubs lose today.  Then I'll blame you.

#26 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Favorite part of Garza's start is how he pounded the strike zone (71% strikes). On a day where the win is blowing out, the key is not to give away any free bases. A lot easier to do when you get stuck with an early lead, but still. Even his one rough inning, he had good command, and forced the hitters to swing their way on base. He looked really good today.

#27 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Keep stuttering, Moreland.  Keep babbling.  One of the most important skills is hitting w/ RISP?!

No.  That's not a skill.  

Get.  On.  Base.  That's *the* skill.  

#28 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

I CANNOT STAND when Moreland doesn't stop talking and interrupts his own story by announcing the action on the field rather than shutting the fuck up for a sec and letting Pat call the game.  Infuriating.

#29 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I CANNOT STAND when Moreland doesn't stop talking and interrupts his own story by announcing the action on the field rather than shutting the fuck up for a sec and letting Pat call the game.  Infuriating.

Ha, yea, he does that a lot.

#30 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Damn.......................5 in a row................................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).