Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Diamondbacks v. Cubs - June 1, 2013 (TV: FOX)

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Nice breaking ball from Parker.

Fastball straight as an arrow though.

#122 ryanissamson

ryanissamson

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Twitter:ryanissamson
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

It's possible that the management intended to throw the game, just so they could have an excuse to try out new pitching. (Note the sarcasm)

#123 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Are the fans booing yet? Please tell me they're booing. 

Because this would really help his pitching?  I will never understand this attitude.

The fans have a right to express how they feel about a player in a way that both the player and the management can understand. 

If you say so. 

I didn't want to see his name pop up on the screen anymore than anyone else, but once it did I wasn't going to piss and moan about it.  I'm a fan, not the manager or the pitching coach.  All I know is that his last few outings have been really good, but they weren't in this situation; which is why I shivered when they brought him in.

As far as the booing goes, I'm all for it if it's a lack of effort, but if the player isn't just mailing it in I find it hard to boo a person for trying his best.  If anyone needs to be booed it's management.

That's exactly what I said. The booing is not only for the player, but for the management. 

We didn't say the same thing.  You said that it's perfectly acceptable to boo a player for any reason you can dream up as long as it makes you feel better and you think it might influence people who get paid to make baseball decisions see things the way you see them on a TV screen.

#124 ryanissamson

ryanissamson

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Are the fans booing yet? Please tell me they're booing. 

Because this would really help his pitching?  I will never understand this attitude.

The fans have a right to express how they feel about a player in a way that both the player and the management can understand. 

If you say so. 

I didn't want to see his name pop up on the screen anymore than anyone else, but once it did I wasn't going to piss and moan about it.  I'm a fan, not the manager or the pitching coach.  All I know is that his last few outings have been really good, but they weren't in this situation; which is why I shivered when they brought him in.

As far as the booing goes, I'm all for it if it's a lack of effort, but if the player isn't just mailing it in I find it hard to boo a person for trying his best.  If anyone needs to be booed it's management.

That's exactly what I said. The booing is not only for the player, but for the management. 

We didn't say the same thing.  You said that it's perfectly acceptable to boo a player for any reason you can dream up as long as it makes you feel better and you think it might influence people who get paid to make baseball decisions see things the way you see them on a TV screen.

Alright, seriously, I'm done with you.

#125 ryanissamson

ryanissamson

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

So, Marmol was one short of the Shark's total walks - in one inning.

#126 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

An embarrassing way to lose this one.   Marmol has been given more than enough chances to right himself.  He's failed and won't make it here at Wrigley.  Too much fan pressure against him.  In short, Marmol is in the shit. And too deep to think he can save himself from drowning in it.

I keep wondering why in the hell they even put Marmol in this game.  It had everything that yelled "NO".   Do I blame the acting manager?  I'm wrestling with that.  

#127 ryanissamson

ryanissamson

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

An embarrassing way to lose this one.   Marmol has been given more than enough chances to right himself.  He's failed and won't make it here at Wrigley.  Too much fan pressure against him.  In short, Marmol is in the shit. And too deep to think he can save himself from drowning in it.

I keep wondering why in the hell they even put Marmol in this game.  It had everything that yelled "NO".   Do I blame the acting manager?  I'm wrestling with that.  

Same here, both taking Villanueva as well as choosing Marmol over another option is a shame. Marmol should be nothing more than someone we put in when we're behind or because we are out of arms in extra innings.

#128 cubsrock

cubsrock

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

cubs lose. COGRATULATIONS MARMOL ALL YOUR FAULT.

#129 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

He's gone at season end. Interested to see what kind of offers he will get in FA.

#130 cubsrock

cubsrock

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

CARDINALS WILL SIGN HIM AND MAKE HIM A BEAST

#131 cubsrock

cubsrock

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

He's gone at season end. Interested to see what kind of offers he will get in FA.

CARDINALS WILL SIGN HIM AND MAKE HIM A BEAST

#132 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Earlier they showed Tom Ricketts in his favorite seat area.  He was smiling and happy from what he was seeing.  No sign of him anymore............

#133 ryanissamson

ryanissamson

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Do you really think anyone is actually going to have a place for him? I can't see anything over the past two years that indicates he'd bring value. He had the end of last season, but that proved not to be the norm.

#134 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

Do you really think anyone is actually going to have a place for him? I can't see anything over the past two years that indicates he'd bring value. He had the end of last season, but that proved not to be the norm.

Someone will offer him something. Minor league split? Expect someone will gamble on him. Invite to spring camp? Will be interesting.

#135 ryanissamson

ryanissamson

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

Now it's become one of those movies where the hero gets beat up at the end like a rag doll before making his miraculous comeback. Except there's no comeback - just a lot of beating up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).