MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Okay BNFL and other fleaflicker users I really hate what FF has done.  They are forcing my iphone to go to a really horrible "mobile" site.  According to FF they can't give me the option to go to the desktop site so basically I'm not going to be enjoying the BNFL as much as I want.  So lets here your complaints and try to get FF to make some changes.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#2 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

The mobile site is a little bit tougher for me to navigate, but I pretty much just have to click one extra button. It'll take a little while to get used to, but I don't despise it.

#3 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

tumblr_mi1npdS2SW1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

#4 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

The regular site is bad enough that I'd be willing to ditch Fleaflicker after this season.  I can't see myself missing that unusable eyesore.

#5 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

The regular site is bad enough that I'd be willing to ditch Fleaflicker after this season.  I can't see myself missing that unusable eyesore.

wow

#6 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

it's like that one dad who is always doing useless home improvement stuff to the house and ignoring the mold in the attic

like the fact that I can't clear out my notifications of unread messages from over a year ago

#7 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

Mobile complaints:

• There is way too much white space
  • There is no way to easily tell which messages are new
  • No side by side on for match ups
  • Can't use the desktop version (which sucks anyway)
  • Can't easily compare weekly totals to rest if league
  • Way way too much scrolling
  • no way to get to player notes page
  • No way to zoom
  • It's ugly

Desktop Complaints:

• There is way too much white space
  • There is no way to easily tell which messages are new
  • Way way too much scrolling
  • Everything doesn't fit on the screen anymore on desktop and I have a 24" monitor
  • It's ugly

That's all I've found so far. But, other than that it's great.

Did I miss anything guys?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#8 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

wow

I agree with Luke if they don't make the mobile site easier to use then I'd vote to move the league to another site.  On my iphone it takes way to much scrolling to see everything, the desktop version is fine (outside of how the tweaked the message board) and I don't understand how they can't give me the option to view "FULL PAGE" like many other sites with a mobile version give you.  With an iphone I can just pinch and zoom to what ever I want to see on a full page and I always liked being able to see the whole league scores quickly and easily all this scrolling is so 2000 late man.  If still had my old school droid this format would be awesome but with an iPhone its just horrible.

More than anything the way the message board is all fucked up is the most annoying aspect.  One of the reason a league works is the ability to talk smack and shit with everyone and this is making that really difficult.

Does anybody have alternatives beside Fleaflicker that allow us this much personalization?  I know my brother has been using CBS fantasy for over 10 years and they do something very similar to us BUT there is a $10 per team fee to have high levels of personalization.  I'd be fine spending a few dollar a year to have what we have and get rid of this nightmare.  I hope fleaflicker realizes the problems but all my comments to them yesterday resulted in them telling me "give it time, I certain you will enjoy the increased speed and ease of navigation" I've never had concerns with the speed and I hate mobile navigation.  If you have a good smartphone the need for a mobile site unnecessary and distracts instead of helping. 

As it is now I cannot keep up on the league the way I want since 99% of the time I'm using my iphone. 

Btw anyone notice how time consuming it is to read through the wavier wire on a phone?  Instead of being able to look at 20+ a page its now like 3-4 because of all the added white space.

I really think FF is targeting the kids with the lesser pre-paid type phones/ smartphones where this kind of mobile site is helpful. It might be a smart business model for them but I'm really ready to bail from FF if this doesn't change.

JUST GIVE ME ACCESS TO THE FULL SITE AND I'M HAPPY, I'm guess the message board will get corrected since replies are working properly right now.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#9 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

The mobile site is a little bit tougher for me to navigate, but I pretty much just have to click one extra button. It'll take a little while to get used to, but I don't despise it

Spenc what phone are you using?  I've heard that it works better on a blackberry and some androids... the biggest complaint seems to be from iphone users- they have an app but it sucks and hasn't been updated since 2011.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#10 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

I've never been a fan of Fleaflicker but these changes really pissed me off even more. Yahoo is way better IMO.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#11 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Here has been my interaction with them so far on it. Read from the bottom up.

There was absolutely no problem with speed before. It is definitely not optimized for my iPhone. It would be much better if I had full access on it. Did the old site look a little dated? Maybe, but, this makes navigation harder with too much white space and scrolling. More scrolling and addition clicks are a bad thing.

Here is what I have found so far.

Mobile complaints:

·         There is way too much white space

·         There is no way to easily tell which messages are new

·         No side by side on for match ups

·         Can't use the desktop version (which sucks anyway)

·         Can't easily compare weekly totals to rest if league

·         Way too much scrolling

·         no way to get to player notes page

·         No way to zoom

·         It's ugly

·         No way to reply to a reply in the messaging

Desktop Complaints:

·         There is way too much white space

·         There is no way to easily tell which messages are new

·         Way, way too much scrolling

·         Everything doesn't fit on the screen anymore on desktop and I have a 24" monitor

·         It's ugly

·         No way to reply to a reply in the messaging

Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 9:03 AM
To: Tim Hall
Subject: Re: User Problem hall.tim@me.com

Sorry you feel that way, Cubbie. Everything is still in the same place and the basic core functionality is exactly the game -- but even better, faster, speedier and more contemporary. It is set to perform and optimized the best for YOUR mobile device, so in time I bet you will like it. There is no way to go back between old and new, it would slow down your experience back and make your life much harder in terms of navigation.

It may take some getting used to, but we're very confident you will enjoy the new format, but you may need a day or maybe  to take a few more tries with it; we're confident if you were able to navigate the old version, this will become a breeze and you will enjoy it much better. We put a lot of testing and development into this and are excited about the new look.

Please give it a try and let us know. If you have any questions on navigating, please feel free to ask. We are here to help and guide you and appreciate your loyalty.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Fleaflicker <info+noreply@fleaflicker.com> wrote:

Is there any way to not have a mobile interface while on a mobile? It is almost unusable with all the scrolling that is required. Also, is there a way to tell which messages are the new ones? Is there a way to reduce the amount of white space? Or even better, is there a way to go back to the old GUI?

Edit:

new response.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, I will address them all below and hopeful you give the new design a chance:

Edited by Cubbie Blues, 05 June 2013 - 09:07 AM.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#12 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

The players notes are horrible and I dont know when my ppitchers pitch. I am on an GS4 and I dont get the full site. I go on my ipad and it looks ok. Still dont know if its mobile or desktop.

#13 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

The players notes are horrible and I dont know when my ppitchers pitch. I am on an GS4 and I dont get the full site. I go on my ipad and it looks ok. Still dont know if its mobile or desktop.

Pitchers starting are now bolded instead of purple or whatever color they were before.  You can see it the same way - go to "schedule" from your team page.

#14 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

The mobile site is a little bit tougher for me to navigate, but I pretty much just have to click one extra button. It'll take a little while to get used to, but I don't despise it

Spenc what phone are you using?  I've heard that it works better on a blackberry and some androids... the biggest complaint seems to be from iphone users- they have an app but it sucks and hasn't been updated since 2011.

I have a Droid RAZR...there's a button I click at the top of the screen which then unfolds the traditional tabs: team, scoreboard, trades message board, etc.

The thing that I really don't like about the mobile version is the inability to view match ups side by side anymore; that is inconvenient.  I would also like to see able to see the list of weekly scores on the side of the scoreboard like they used to have. 

#15 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

I getting frustrated by my interactions with FF the always return back praising themselves with a faster, better looking, and more modern design.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE THINGS

They have told me there is no way to see the desktop from a mobile device (BULLSHIT) and that I should give it a chance and touch base with them after a couple of days. What they don't understand is that everything requires 3-5 extra clicks, pulls, etc - it's very frustrating when all I want to see is how everyone is doing this week or fuck me if I want to look at more than three players on the wavier wire. I say we vote about leaving FF after this season.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).