#16 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

I getting frustrated by my interactions with FF the always return back praising themselves with a faster, better looking, and more modern design.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE THINGS

They have told me there is no way to see the desktop from a mobile device (BULLSHIT) and that I should give it a chance and touch base with them after a couple of days. What they don't understand is that everything requires 3-5 extra clicks, pulls, etc - it's very frustrating when all I want to see is how everyone is doing this week or fuck me if I want to look at more than three players on the wavier wire. I say we vote about leaving FF after this season.

I say we vote after the season...that is mountain of work.

#17 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

I really think FF is targeting the kids with the lesser pre-paid type phones/ smartphones where this kind of mobile site is helpful. It might be a smart business model for them but I'm really ready to bail from FF if this doesn't change.

I have a piece of shit samsung flight II dumb phone and I actually don't notice any difference but I only use it to check scores when I'm AFK. It's just slightly confusing on desktop because everything moved.

#18 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Its probably going to change. Maybe more updates or patches. I agree with spence. To wait after the season

#19 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

The players notes are horrible and I dont know when my ppitchers pitch. I am on an GS4 and I dont get the full site. I go on my ipad and it looks ok. Still dont know if its mobile or desktop.

I have the same phone with the same problems.  I am restricted to my phone for a while, and this makes it to where I can pretty much only set my lineup.  Checking message, transactions, and the waiver wire is tedious and very time consuming.  This really blows that they implemented this in the middle of the season.  I am all for looking for new host sites. 

#20 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

I getting frustrated by my interactions with FF the always return back praising themselves with a faster, better looking, and more modern design.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE THINGS

They have told me there is no way to see the desktop from a mobile device (BULLSHIT) and that I should give it a chance and touch base with them after a couple of days. What they don't understand is that everything requires 3-5 extra clicks, pulls, etc - it's very frustrating when all I want to see is how everyone is doing this week or fuck me if I want to look at more than three players on the wavier wire. I say we vote about leaving FF after this season.

It is defnitely "not" faster on my phone now.  Last week, it was smooth and quick loading, now it takes me 10 minutes to make a lineup change. 

#21 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Has everybody contacted FF? They won't do anything until they get an overwelming response.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#22 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Has everybody contacted FF? They won't do anything until they get an overwelming response.

Yup multiple times, they just keep giving the same canned answer.  "We're confident that you will find this version easier to use, faster, and more user friendly... give it a few more days and let us what you think" I'll keep up the pressure for them to give users the choice of using the desktop or mobile version.

I really hate this format.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#23 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

They use light colored text against a light colored background that is nestled in a sea of white screen.

And no one at Fleaflicker thought that was maybe not such a great idea?  

If it isn't designed to work on large monitors or small mobile screens, I'm curious where exactly it is designed to work.

#24 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

I realized they frisked me Ina response. They couldn't even get that format right.

Quote:

There was absolutely no problem with speed before. It is definitely not optimized for my iPhone. It would be much better if I had full access on it. Did the old site look a little dated? Maybe, but, this makes navigation harder with too much white space and scrolling. More scrolling and addition clicks are a bad thing.

Here is what I have found so far.

Mobile complaints:

· There is way too much white space

It should be more packed in with the most features here.

· There is no way to easily tell which messages are new

When a new message is posted it is bold in black letters, the time stamp is still there

· No side by side on for match ups

We had to sacrifice this on small devices so it would not look jumbled and there would be less scrolling. From our R&D this is the preferred method.

· Can't use the desktop version (which sucks anyway)

Sorry you feel that way, we put a lot of our time and effort into a free service and want the best for our users

· Can't easily compare weekly totals to rest if league

The same functionality will work fine here

· Way too much scrolling

Same as above with the side by side matchups

· no way to get to player notes page

· No way to zoom

Same rationale for the scrolling as to where it is side by side.

· It's ugly

What is ugly about it? If you let us know specifics, we can change some for you possibly.

· No way to reply to a reply in the messaging

The nesting to the right was causing major issues for many leagues

Desktop Complaints:

· There is way too much white space

This is done on purpose to give you a wider view -- the same way we shrink the small devices

· There is no way to easily tell which messages are new

Same answer as above

· Way, way too much scrolling

Same as above

· Everything doesn't fit on the screen anymore on desktop and I have a 24" monitor

It should fit much better than the old version

· It's ugly

I'll ask you to explain what's ugly so we can fix it

· No way to reply to a reply in the messaging

Same answer as above

Again, we're here to help and hope you try it out for more than a day before you pass such harsh judgement. We want the best for you and our users, that's the bottom line, so let me know what our company can help you with.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#25 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

They really don't seem to like that so many people are complaining and its not just us.  I think they might have gone with a cheaper option to lower cost here and don't have the control they once did.  If things don't change I'm going to adamantly protest FF and we need to change providers next year.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#26 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

From the two responses I got from them, and considering the responses that they gave everyone here, they have pretty much told me that they provide a free service, that we are wrong for complaining so much, and just aren't giving the changes enough of a chance, and none of the problems presented cause enough of a concern for them to truly consider fixing.  It seemed like they were telling me this was how it was, so deal with it. 

#27 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

From the two responses I got from them, and considering the responses that they gave everyone here, they have pretty much told me that they provide a free service, that we are wrong for complaining so much, and just aren't giving the changes enough of a chance, and none of the problems presented cause enough of a concern for them to truly consider fixing.  It seemed like they were telling me this was how it was, so deal with it.

Yup it's a collective FUCK YOU IT'S OUR PLAYGROUND AND WILL DO WHATEVER THE FUCK WE WANT... which they can but it also means I'm not going to support or suggest them to anyone.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#28 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

The players notes are horrible and I dont know when my ppitchers pitch. I am on an GS4 and I dont get the full site. I go on my ipad and it looks ok. Still dont know if its mobile or desktop.

I have the same phone with the same problems.  I am restricted to my phone for a while, and this makes it to where I can pretty much only set my lineup.  Checking message, transactions, and the waiver wire is tedious and very time consuming.  This really blows that they implemented this in the middle of the season.  I am all for looking for new host sites. 

In your search for new sites, make sure it can accommodate all of our league's preferences and intricacies: Complete transfer of rosters, same availability of free agents, ability to have the same point system, ability to accommodate the size of our league with the same number of divisions, same playoff eligibility and brackets, same keeper system, same ability to trade draft picks (along with the ability to correctly transfer draft picks that have already been traded for the 2014 season).

#29 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Has anyone received any communication back from FF in the last 23 hours? I have sent them a tweet and an e-mail and haven't heard anything back (which isn't like them). Their last tweet was 23 hours ago. I wonder if they have put out a mandate to not talk publicly until they figure out what they are going to do with all the negative feedback they have received. Maybe, just maybe everybody complaining has actually done some good. We can only wait and hope at this point.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#30 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Has anyone received any communication back from FF in the last 23 hours? I have sent them a tweet and an e-mail and haven't heard anything back (which isn't like them). Their last tweet was 23 hours ago. I wonder if they have put out a mandate to not talk publicly until they figure out what they are going to do with all the negative feedback they have received. Maybe, just maybe everybody complaining has actually done some good. We can only wait and hope at this point.

Yeah they are absolutely in silent mode. I sent them a DM telling them that Its been a few days and I'm even more frustrated with the mobile and that I would be happy to discuss everything in more detail.  No reply which as you said is very rare- one of the best things I always complimented them on was how quickly they respond the questions/request.  I'm begining to wonder if they outsourced this rebuild to a third party and can't do any of the changes we've all asked for and instead thought if they did a positive spin on everything we would all stop complaining.

And its not just us complaining- there is a ton of complaints throughout twitter. I think they have decided to shut up and regroup.  Hopefully all the complaints are listen to and changes are made ASAP

MichiganGoat on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).