Kygavin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:@kygavin
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Not really.  If anyone is untouchable in that Indian's system, it's Lindor.  Naquin and Salazar might be on the table, but I'd take Bauer of any of them.

Too much is made by Bauer's allegedly bad attitude.  Arizona flatly mishandled him, and Arizona is generally known be run by a not-great office.  Remember, that's the organization that actually dealt something worthwhile for Tony Campana.  Cleveland is going for it now, and Bauer just isn't ready for the majors now.  That's not a knock on Bauer - a lot of prospect need time.

If there is anyone in the game who can harness Bauer's immense talents and shape him into a major league ace, it is probably Derek Johnson.  If Cleveland is desperate enough to give up on one of the best pitching prospects in baseball after just a few months, I'd be more than happy to take him off their hands.

This^

#77 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

That's a bummer, an infield of Lindor SS, Bryant 3B, Baez 2B, and Rizzo 1B (with Castro moving to the OF) could be the best in the bigs five years down the road.  I wouldn't rule it out, though, considering Segura was part of the Grienke rental

#78 Kygavin

Kygavin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Segura wasnt as highly regarded as a prospect as Lindor is, plus the Angels locked up Kendrick/Aybar long term 

#79 college_of_coaches

college_of_coaches

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

On a different note, is anyone else concerned with how aggressively some have gone after assman in the comments?  In the past two days, he has been called a “troll,” his information has been called “bs” and he has been repeatedly told to shut up.  His sources are also being challenged.  I think this is unfair and ungenerous, to say the least.  But I also find it odd and concerning.  Any thoughts here?

#80 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

The comments on the main page have turned fairly negative in a lot of ways pretty often of late.  Attacks on Assman are in the same vein as claims that the Ricketts are evil or just in it for the money, or that Castro is worthless, or Garza is an idiot, or Sveum should be fired, or Bryant is greedy and a terrible human being, and on and on and on and on.

I doubt it means anything.  Bleacher Nation has just grown to the point at which we attract always negative, hyperbole-loving attention seekers as well as the smarter, baseball savvy crowd we've been used to.  It's a side effect of the website's success.  

It doesn't seem like the worst offenders stay around too long, though.  They seem to move on to other pastures where they find more people who agree with them.  And likewise, it seems like Bleacher Nation tends to attract those who get tired of the constant "X is terrible," "Y is greedy", "Z is deliberately trying to ruin everything" nonsense.

#81 Kygavin

Kygavin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

On a different note, is anyone else concerned with how aggressively some have gone after assman in the comments?  In the past two days, he has been called a “troll,” his information has been called “bs” and he has been repeatedly told to shut up.  His sources are also being challenged.  I think this is unfair and ungenerous, to say the least.  But I also find it odd and concerning.  Any thoughts here?

I agree. Especially when he has been solid overall, plus he is just giving what he has heard. No different than anyone else on here

#82 Jed Jam Band

Jed Jam Band

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:@DavidVocals91
  • LocationMunster, IN (Home)/Bloomington, IN (College)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

I hate to admit that I was initially skeptical.  But even then, I did not resort to name-calling.  I just wasn't certain of his sources.

#83 Patrick G

Patrick G

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

I think until Assman is proven wrong, I will continue to trust him. Ya some I his stuff anyone can really come up with, ex. Bryant signing wih just a few days until the deadline, but the Cubs could have waited until the deadline day to sign him. I don't know everyone seems to find ways to think his info is bogus, but if this information holds true, no reason not to trust him

#84 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

I hate to admit that I was initially skeptical.  But even then, I did not resort to name-calling.  I just wasn't certain of his sources.

I'm still skeptical. 

That's why I decided to have him tracked this trade season.  So far he hasn't gone out on any limbs, but he did pretty much call the Cubs signing Bryant and Clifton when half the internet was panicking that there would be no money for Clifton after Bryant signed.  

#85 college_of_coaches

college_of_coaches

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

I do seem to remember that last year he was the first to reveal that the Cubs were trying to sign Paniagua.  (At least, the first that I had read.)

#86 Kygavin

Kygavin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

He was also all over the Darvish signing but I think that was mentioned in the first post

#87 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

T-minus one hour until midnight.  No Garza trade

#88 Jed Jam Band

Jed Jam Band

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:@DavidVocals91
  • LocationMunster, IN (Home)/Bloomington, IN (College)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just watch Garza get traded at exactly 11:59:59 ET.  Assman will be somewhere laughing his ass off.

#89 Kygavin

Kygavin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I was thinking it could be delayed (if it happens) because of the game

#90 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

That's a bummer, an infield of Lindor SS, Bryant 3B, Baez 2B, and Rizzo 1B (with Castro moving to the OF) could be the best in the bigs five years down the road.  I wouldn't rule it out, though, considering Segura was part of the Grienke rental

Thanks DieHard.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).