145 replies to this topic

#91 Patrick G

Patrick G

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

That's a bummer, an infield of Lindor SS, Bryant 3B, Baez 2B, and Rizzo 1B (with Castro moving to the OF) could be the best in the bigs five years down the road.  I wouldn't rule it out, though, considering Segura was part of the Grienke rental

Lindor will not be involved in a trade for Garza. I'd be surprised if we got Bauer AND Salazar, although it might be possible if Cleveland can extend him. This does make me wonder though with the emergence of Alcantara, if he can stick at 2nd as a regular and Bryant at 3rd if Baez will be a trade candidate down the road. 

#92 Rizzo1684

Rizzo1684

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTatooine

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

It won't  be Bauer and Salazar, I bet Cleveland likes what they saw out of Salazar and want to keep him incase of injuries.  If the trade is Bauer and Tyler Naquin for Garza and Schierholtz, that would be an amazing return and all of us fans should be very impressed on how good this front office.  Actually come to think about it if the deal is Garza and Schierholtz for Bauer and maybe a 15-20 system ranked prospect, we should still be very impressed.

#93 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

That's a bummer, an infield of Lindor SS, Bryant 3B, Baez 2B, and Rizzo 1B (with Castro moving to the OF) could be the best in the bigs five years down the road.  I wouldn't rule it out, though, considering Segura was part of the Grienke rental

Thanks DieHard.

Hey, I didn't say anything about having Mike Quade in the dugout, did I?

#94 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

I hate to admit that I was initially skeptical.  But even then, I did not resort to name-calling.  I just wasn't certain of his sources.

I'm still skeptical. 

That's why I decided to have him tracked this trade season.  So far he hasn't gone out on any limbs, but he did pretty much call the Cubs signing Bryant and Clifton when half the internet was panicking that there would be no money for Clifton after Bryant signed.  

I think his info is coming from someone in the FO (be it a buddy, brother, etc...) but I don't think he is in the FO.  At times the game of telephone may lead to information being a little bit off but generally correct. 

Now, it is possible the FO is wanting the information to get out to the hardcore fans and have someone in the office actively passing out info.  Not likely, but possible. 

#95 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I hate to admit that I was initially skeptical.  But even then, I did not resort to name-calling.  I just wasn't certain of his sources.

I'm still skeptical. 

That's why I decided to have him tracked this trade season.  So far he hasn't gone out on any limbs, but he did pretty much call the Cubs signing Bryant and Clifton when half the internet was panicking that there would be no money for Clifton after Bryant signed.  

I think his info is coming from someone in the FO (be it a buddy, brother, etc...) but I don't think he is in the FO.  At times the game of telephone may lead to information being a little bit off but generally correct. 

Now, it is possible the FO is wanting the information to get out to the hardcore fans and have someone in the office actively passing out info.  Not likely, but possible. 

I'll bite. Why would the front office want the hardcore fans to know?

1. I think the front office operates independent of how the fandom will react to their moves - if they truly believe it is the right move.

2. The hardcore fans are the ones who would probably agree with the moves the FO makes even if they are largely unpopular (i.e. trading big names for prospects, etc...) so why would they need to leak it to us.. to be nice?

#96 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'm still skeptical. 

I'll bite. Why would the front office want the hardcore fans to know?

1. I think the front office operates independent of how the fandom will react to their moves - if they truly believe it is the right move.

2. The hardcore fans are the ones who would probably agree with the moves the FO makes even if they are largely unpopular (i.e. trading big names for prospects, etc...) so why would they need to leak it to us.. to be nice?

Ya, to throw a bone.  Not likely at all and I'd say Pioneer 2 is closer to the Sun than the possibility of #2 happening.

#97 college_of_coaches

college_of_coaches

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Assman22

July 15, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Permalink | Reply

Breaking news Timster was born without a penis

1. Scott
    July 15, 2013 at 8:59 pm | Permalink | Reply

That would be an uncomfortable prediction to verify.

1. cubchymyst
      July 15, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Permalink | Reply

Not necessarily, what if your checking on a hot female. No penis and the verification could be a lot of fun.

1. Scott
        July 15, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Permalink | Reply

I thought Timster was just the nickname Timmy (Timmeh) gave himself.

2. Timster
    July 15, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Permalink | Reply

assman must be reading ‘the sun also rises’

Okay, so WTF is happening here?

#98 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Impersonation.  Bound to happen eventually.

#99 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

Can we all please pledge to NOT respond to Timmy, regardless of what he posts.  Let's keep each other strong.

#100 college_of_coaches

college_of_coaches

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Can we all please pledge to NOT respond to Timmy, regardless of what he posts.  Let's keep each other strong.

Done.

#101 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Done.

Ok deal I'm in.

#102 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Assman22
July 15, 2013 at 10:59 pm | Permalink | Reply

Texas offering quantity/Indians offering quality…Cubs likely to trade Garza first before the rest…

#103 CubChymyst

CubChymyst

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Assman22
July 16, 2013 at 10:28 am | Permalink | Reply

Cubs have told Rangers to include Perez or they’ll move on…Cubs also told Indians the asking price for Garza/Gregg remains to be Bauer and Salazar+…Cubs not backing down…

Been verified as the real assman by Brett.  Has a bit of details in it, so it correct definitely pushes the scales further towards credible source.

#104 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

I'm convinced that all the trolling last night was him.  He is NotAssman and all the other new people that reply to him.  He is quite annoying and I hope that this time he actually holds up his promise of not to coming back

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#105 Patrick G

Patrick G

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Assman22
July 16, 2013 at 12:30 pm | Permalink | Reply
Haven’t heard a peep about Blue Jays involved…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).