145 replies to this topic

#106 college_of_coaches

college_of_coaches

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Can we all please pledge to NOT respond to Timmy, regardless of what he posts.  Let's keep each other strong.

I'm convinced that all the trolling last night was him.  He is NotAssman and all the other new people that reply to him.  He is quite annoying and I hope that this time he actually holds up his promise of not to coming back

I'm with you goat, last night (and even the past couple of days) have all the ear-marks of sockpuppets and other forms of internet trolling.

#107 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Wow, I am convinced he has a decent FO-connected source.  Very few people would stand as firm* as he has considering the 4 or 5 asshats that have been hating on him.

*As firm as one can stand when posting anonymously on an internet forum.

#108 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:51 AM

Assman22
July 15, 2013 at 10:59 pm | Permalink | Reply

Texas offering quantity/Indians offering quality…Cubs likely to trade Garza first before the rest…

(--Assman is real)
My first thought when I read this was that I prefer quality over quantity, in general. Quantity just seemed like extra rolls of the dice on a prospect's making it, valuable extra chances for profit from a given risk move. I was more interested in a single ceiling.
But, days later, on second thought, quantity can also mean depth. Given how often injuries dictate outcomes (in seasons and over several seasons), I may have been underrating depth.
Full disclosure: this thought was rescued from Red Sox wreckage while listening to John Henry picking Tito-2011 out of his teeth on 'Mut and Lou' on Boston radio yesterday

#109 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Assman22

July 19, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Permalink | Reply

Cubs have given up Garza’s medicals and Rangers have spoken with his agent numerous times today…all but done…should be announced by 5pm…

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#110 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'm assuming that's central time... he's got 15 minutes

#111 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

So people really hate/jealous of Assman I tweeted out one if his "predictions" and got a bunch of angry people responding with shit like "he just takes information from another insider and reposts it." Well like DUH, I don't think he's ever said "I am the source."

Honestly I'm just happy that someone that searches through sites like PSD and other are willing to share thier findings with us. Haters going to be hating I guess. Plus for the fact that he goes by Assman I already want him to be a prophet.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#112 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm not convinced he's just pulling from PSD.  I believe he's beaten PSD to the punch a few times.  Then again, he might be one of the PSD people under a different name.

It should be no surprise that Assman and PSD agree often, though.  Two weather vanes will point the same way even if they aren't wired together.

#113 college_of_coaches

college_of_coaches

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

I agree with Luke, I don't think assman22's simply poaching information from PSD.  I think his critics fail to understand the nature of sources and the ways in which information is disseminated on the internet.  I think some of the criticism can be chalked up to jealousy, though I hesitate to mention any names...cough, cough, kyle, cough.

#114 CubChymyst

CubChymyst

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

I am annoyed by the people that were making a big deal out of it in the comments, and the fact that someone decided to post under his name as a joke.  Both BN and PSD have time stamps for posts so if it was true it be easy to prove, but instead of showing proof they decided to go off and bitch about it in the most unproductive way possible.  If he is grabbing it from another site, he should say it came from a different site but until someone shows he is stealing posts I'm willing to assume his posts are original.

#115 Jed Jam Band

Jed Jam Band

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:@DavidVocals91
  • LocationMunster, IN (Home)/Bloomington, IN (College)

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

I just really don't care if his posts are original or not.  He is doing us a great service, one way or the other and more over, I abhor the way that some people here are treating assman.  This is a good community and a blog that has gained a fine reputation, so it brings us all down to have some of our regulars bashing on assman.  He's not going around making all kinds of wild claims or spreading mass conjecture.  He is simply stating what he has found through various sources.  Crockett has done this with his source in MIN and Lou Brock with his source in San Fran.  The point is, I appreciate each and every one of them giving us the info they have.

#116 Carew

Carew

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

I just really don't care if his posts are original or not.  He is doing us a great service, one way or the other and more over, I abhor the way that some people here are treating assman.  This is a good community and a blog that has gained a fine reputation, so it brings us all down to have some of our regulars bashing on assman.  He's not going around making all kinds of wild claims or spreading mass conjecture.  He is simply stating what he has found through various sources.  Crockett has done this with his source in MIN and Lou Brock with his source in San Fran.  The point is, I appreciate each and every one of them giving us the info they have.

This is perfect.  He/They are just one of the many reasons why this site is phenomenal.

#117 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

Like I said earlier, he's probably Crane Kenney's proctologist and gets Cubs intel in exchange for not disclosing all the freaky stuff he's had to pull out of his butt

#118 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Assman22
July 21, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Permalink | Reply

Pirates were always in on Garza…same scenario as Cleveland…won’t contend without adding a frontline starter…Pirates also want Schierholtz to platoon RF with Tabata…

Assman22

July 21, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Permalink | Reply

Pirates have yet to speak with Garza’s agent…can’t see him wanting to extend with Pittsburgh or Cleveland unfortunately but that’s solely my opinion, not factual…

I think I have been rooting for the Pirates a bit this year-- hoping they might be in on Garza as a result--partly because of the well-wishing Brett sent their way during an interview with a Pirate's blogger this spring and partly because Andrew McCutchen seems incredibly cool.

Sounds like Assman22 may have read Darth's go round with a poster-named-Peter from late last night. I hope he laughed, too. (I may go back to reading comments on the main board again.)  

#119 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

He's currently saying deal with Yankees is 1 for 1, is agreed to by both teams, and is waiting on MLB clearance regarding financials and luxury tax implications.

#120 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

He's currently saying deal with Yankees is 1 for 1, is agreed to by both teams, and is waiting on MLB clearance regarding financials and luxury tax implications.

I hate to see Soriano go, he got such a Cubes treatment while he was here.

Anyone else still waiting for a snag to derail the Garza trade?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).