I really don't want this to come off as condescending, but as an older, more experienced gent I feel I have to offer some thoughts on the proposed trades I see on this site.
When proposing a trade one must look at it from the other teams' perspective. For example, I have seen many ideas/proposals about the Cubs trading for Jurikson Profar of the Rangers...now if I were the Rangers, and the Cubs wanted Profar...here would be my conditions
1. One of Baez, Almora or Soler has to be in the deal.
2. I might bite on Castro, but only if the Cubs throw in a top 5-10 prospect...or two
3. No, I don't want Soriano, and please don't ask me again.
4. I will take Smardizja...if we have a window to work on an extension...
5. No, I don't want Vitters, Brett Jackson, or even Junior Lake.
6. I would have some interest in Vogelbach, but he would be the start of the package.
7. No, I don't want Garza, the injuries scare me and he is a rental....
8. Kevin Gregg?...really...you guys just picked him off the scrap heap...I know he is pitching well, but no thanks
9. I said don't mention Soriano!
10. I would also take Rizzo.
Some of you may think this is crazy, but you have to take your Cubs fans brains out for a bit when you look at these things....once again, not trying to dash anyone's dreams or ideas...just my two cents
and speaking of two cents(actually, that's about what I get for every book sale)...if you have bought my book, and read it...please, please, please...give me a review on Amazon. The only non 5 star reviews I have(okay they were 4's..but still) are from guys who went to my high school and I have not seen in 20 years...one didn't even read it and one says it's great but doesn't like that I blamed the Cubs for Maddux leaving...
okay...enough pimping of the book...