Candelerio IF
Torryes IF
Villanueva IF
Szczur OF
Ha OF/C

Rotation:
Johnson
Hendricks
Cabrera: may not be a head scratcher, but I love his stuff, and when he's on, he's on.
Maples (control, control, control)
Felix Pena (narrowly edges out Wells)
- Underwood, Blackburn, Daury Torrez, Carlos A Rodriguez, or some of the 2013 picks could usurp 2-5 in the near future)

Bullpen:
DelValle
Y. L. Wang
?
Rosscup (set up)
Vizcaino CL; for now. Hope to see him in the rotation, but the latest injury set back likely pushes that back if it is to be.

Thoughts?

#2 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Maybe Frank Batista for that last bullpen role?  His stuff is pedestrian, but it is hard to argue with his results.

And I'm with you on Cabrera.  I like the idea of turning him back into a starter.

#3 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Ahh I hate usurpers!

Nicely done Rated Rookie...can't argue with much on here...starting pitching is still a bit thin...

#4 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

Ahh I hate usurpers!
Nicely done Rated Rookie...can't argue with much on here...starting pitching is still a bit thin...

Exactly on the thin starting pitching. I like Johnson, but to me he projects as a 3 starter. In a perfect world, Vizcaino gets over the injury bug and becomes an ace, but that's easier said than done.

Other than that, as far as the full season levels go, we have a handfull of 4 starters and a lot of Coleman/Raley/Rusin types. Though Maples and Pena could each prove to be more, but time will tell.

Reminds me of the mid-late 00s when the Brewers were hemorhaging hitting prospects and thought they'd be world bearers for years to come, but ignored the fact that they had no pitching. I would like to try to deal with some young pitching rich organizations like Oakland and Arizona in the near future.

#5 CubChymyst

CubChymyst

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

Position players are basically a gimme.  I'd leave off Maples, I think his control problems are going to keep him from being a starter.  The college pitchers from this past draft will help out the minors quite a bit.  I wonder how many of the college pitchers will start at a high level then Boise.

#6 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think I would still have McNutt in the bullpen. I also like Amaya and would find some place for him.

And is Paniagua ever coming to the US? This is getting serious.

#7 Kygavin

Kygavin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:@kygavin
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Not a fan of Lake as a starter. I do think he would be a good fit on the bench in a "super-sub" role tho. I havent seen Shoulders or Geiger play, can they fake LF?

#8 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Szczur in LF Soler to RF and Lake to the bench as a super sub and I'd agree with this.  If you're including Bryant in the list even though he's unsigned then I think it's fair to at least consider Rob Z (the #2 pick with a name I can't spell off the top of my head) in the rotation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).