TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

No it's all one step (or two) - hit the ball, catch the ball.

Is it the two (stacked) ball trick?

#32 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

The 2 tries is only because it's not really easy enough to do on one try. It would be a tougher bet to say I can do it on the first try. Just need a little margin for error or bad luck... (try running full speed and making a spectacular catch with one hand - every single time :) ) There is a hint there. It will be a one handed catch every time.

I'll give you the details in a few minutes or so.

#33 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

it isn't multiple balls either. And no scooter or other equipment is used. Just me the club and the ball... However, I guess I should say, it doesn't have to be a one handed catch. Mine always are, but it doesn't really have to be. In fact, I'll try the two handed catch and see if it works.

I am 106, but I still have tremendous speed.

#34 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Fuck this.

Let's do the albatross one again.

#35 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

You hit the ball so hard it goes into a sub-orbital trajectory and returns to you?

#36 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Here is all you do. Brag about your speed, telling improbable stories about how fast you are. Get the other guy thinking in terms of how fast you are. Then just matter of factly state you're so fast you can do the golf thing... At some point everyone says OK, let's see. Most of my bets have been for $10 bucks or so. But a few were for a lot more.

A soft ground is ideal. Take your club and drop your ball to the ground - preferably in a soft area. Then take your foot and stop on the ball once so that you get the fried egg effect. With about 1/4 of the ball or less above the ground, swing as hard as you like and the ball usually pops right up to you. I catch it with one hand. Collect your money. I've only needed a second try once. You might want to practice it a few times first!

#37 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Here is all you do. Brag about your speed, telling improbable stories about how fast you are. Get the other guy thinking in terms of how fast you are. Then just matter of factly state you're so fast you can do the golf thing... At some point everyone says OK, let's see. Most of my bets have been for $10 bucks or so. But a few were for a lot more.

A soft ground is ideal. Take your club and drop your ball to the ground - preferably in a soft area. Then take your foot and stop on the ball once so that you get the fried egg effect. With about 1/4 of the ball or less above the ground, swing as hard as you like and the ball usually pops right up to you. I catch it with one hand. Collect your money. I've only needed a second try once. You might want to practice it a few times first!

Cheater.

#38 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yeah, well, you still can't use the quote button very well, so neener-neener-neener.

::pouts::

#39 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, well, you still can't use the quote button very well, so neener-neener-neener.

BAM!

#40 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Fuck this.

Let's do the albatross one again.

Did he eat his wife and think it was albatross?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#41 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

BAM!

That's just not fun at all.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).