Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

So what if, and mind you, this is pure speculation, what if die hard is simply Brett's alter ego made to spice up discussions on the main page? Think about it. Brett writes all of this reasonable logical stuff and then thinks "So how can I contrast it? Oh, I know. I'll come up with completely ludicrous thoughts an ideas under an assumed identity." Over time, the character has become better developed and more absurd.
And gave us the board mascot.
Think about it....
( I hope I didn't just pull the mask off of ol' Lone Ranger.)

I assume Brett is making everyone up. In fact I had a Noisebot T-shirt shipped to my house to confirm that at least I am real.

I made Brett up. Trivia: My initial draft of Brett was 6'6" with blond hair. I workshopped that, and the result is what you see today.
You are really bad with perspectives and colors than because that is not at all what I saw when I met him.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#32 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

So what if, and mind you, this is pure speculation, what if die hard is simply Brett's alter ego made to spice up discussions on the main page? Think about it. Brett writes all of this reasonable logical stuff and then thinks "So how can I contrast it? Oh, I know. I'll come up with completely ludicrous thoughts an ideas under an assumed identity." Over time, the character has become better developed and more absurd.
And gave us the board mascot.
Think about it....
( I hope I didn't just pull the mask off of ol' Lone Ranger.)

I assume Brett is making everyone up. In fact I had a Noisebot T-shirt shipped to my house to confirm that at least I am real.

I made Brett up. Trivia: My initial draft of Brett was 6'6" with blond hair. I workshopped that, and the result is what you see today.

Haha. Oh, mercy.

#33 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Brett, the language on this thread has been unreasonable. Please delete the curse words. For godsake think of te children Hansman and MG will corrupt if they see this.
#firedaletheojedmcleodcastro
#baezmlb2013

Ha my kids are already corrupt - THEY'RE FUCKING CUB FANS

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#34 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Brett, the language on this thread has been unreasonable. Please delete the curse words. For godsake think of te children Hansman and MG will corrupt if they see this.
#baezmlb2013

Already?

Well, better than Cardinal fans, I guess.  It'd be a little strange if you accidentally became the grandfather of a new strand of cross-breed fans.  

Still, I thought they'd be a little young for sex yet.  I figured that the youngest would be a little young to walk.  Regular Casanova, I guess.

#35 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

#baezmlb2013

So is my Wife!!!

Hey OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

(I read it that way, too, Luke.)

#36 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

#baezmlb2013

So is my Wife!!!

Hey OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Another reason I love the MB - YOU'RE ALL FUCKING DEGENERATES

BOOM

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#37 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

#baezmlb2013

So is my Wife!!!

Hey OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Geez, way to sully my good name. A POX UPON YOU ALL!!!

Nobody ever pays me in Cubs can fucking. :(

#38 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm not sure how many folks were around back then, but Die hard left for the better part of the 2011 (EDIT: or was it 2010?) season.  Kept posting Die hard-esque complaints about the She-View -- even though they were obviously a part of the rotation at that point -- made a big stink, and disappeared.  Stayed away until late September or October of that year.  Maybe if I'm courageously bored at work I'll try to dig up some of his She-View freakouts.  They were entertaining.

#39 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

I'm not sure how many folks were around back then, but Die hard left for the better part of the 2011 (EDIT: or was it 2010?) season.  Kept posting Die hard-esque complaints about the She-View -- even though they were obviously a part of the rotation at that point -- made a big stink, and disappeared.  Stayed away until late September or October of that year.  Maybe if I'm courageously bored at work I'll try to dig up some of his She-View freakouts.  They were entertaining.

I remember this I think it was 2011.

#40 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Those were the days.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#41 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

The she view freak outs were great and back then they were paired with more passionate cries for beer-less games. I'd love to revisit some of those and I really need to hunt down the first Tidrow post.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#42 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

I was around for those, but wasn't aware (at the time) of his persona. His freak outs would have been much better (to me) if I had known him better.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#43 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

I actually thought Die Hard was a woman at that time. May have even referred to him/her as such.

#44 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

I actually thought Die Hard was a woman at that time. May have even referred to him/her as such.

Totally.  I'm certain that when the Dick Tidrow stuff started happening shortly after his return, I referred to him as Dick Tidrow's aunt more than a few times.

#45 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

Totally.  I'm certain that when the Dick Tidrow stuff started happening shortly after his return, I referred to him as Dick Tidrow's aunt more than a few times.

Are we certain he's a he at this point? Has he made references in either direction?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).