Chrisfchi

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Twitter:@chrisfchi
  • LocationHiding somewhere in soxland

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

I have to agree with you all. I am not the most intelligent baseball mind. I'm still learning about all these advance stats. Today when I read the bullets, I just avoided the comments. Can't do it. I know I'm relatively new here, and some of that stuff people say makes my head want to explode. Yesterday I vented a lil in the comments about all the anti Castro talk out there. Realized I was getting baited into the madness.

#77 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Yeah I think your right about Trout, can you imagine if this team did sign Pujols & Hamilton how much complaining would be happening now (from the same people that were screaming for The Cubs to sign them). Fucking ESPN, Skip Bayless, and Stephen A Smith and their definition of "debate" has really ruined intelligent sport debate.
And when did the main page start to hate science and advanced metrics. It's only takes a few comments before someone cries "I don't care what the sabermetrics say" and then 4/5 people agree with them.
Time for a PAY WALL ;)

Maybe it's time for the upvote/downvote system

None of my comments would survive... but I'd be willing to take that for the team to keep Die hard and Timmy's obsessive trolling from showing up.

And I don't know if Bert's WP theme supports that.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#78 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

I am not the most intelligent baseball mind.

No, that would be Luke.

My Ignore List:

#79 Chrisfchi

Chrisfchi

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Twitter:@chrisfchi
  • LocationHiding somewhere in soxland

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

No, that would be Luke.

Well, I base my judgement on what i see on the field. Since i joined BN, I now tend to read fangraphs a lil more.  If I had more time in the day (working 60+ hours a week leaves lil room) my comments would show a little more intelligence. I do appreciate the regular, non-trolling posters for putting up with me.

#80 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

No, that would be Luke.
Well, I base my judgement on what i see on the field. Since i joined BN, I now tend to read fangraphs a lil more.  If I had more time in the day (working 60+ hours a week leaves lil room) my comments would show a little more intelligence. I do appreciate the regular, non-trolling posters for putting up with me.

If having Luke's baseball mind were a prerequisite to commenting, BN would be a very lonely place. I think we all welcome new (non-trolling) commenters.

[Go Hairston.]

My Ignore List:

#81 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Wow, that's all I can say after reading a handful of the comments on Bryant signing.  It never ceases to amaze me how people area always able to take a perceived negative or slight and run with it, shitting all over any thing good that has happened in the process.  You would think that the Cubs had to give up all of their draft picks for the next two years based on the reaction going on there now.  It blows my mind that after a top 20 talent in all of minor league baseball signs, but they throw a shit fit because the Cubs may or may not be able to sign a guy from the 12th round who won't even be a top 20 team prospect.

#82 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Jeff I'm right there with you... This should be a squeal moment but it's become "The FO is so fucking stoopid" instead.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#83 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Yeah I think your right about Trout, can you imagine if this team did sign Pujols & Hamilton how much complaining would be happening now (from the same people that were screaming for The Cubs to sign them). Fucking ESPN, Skip Bayless, and Stephen A Smith and their definition of "debate" has really ruined intelligent sport debate.
And when did the main page start to hate science and advanced metrics. It's only takes a few comments before someone cries "I don't care what the sabermetrics say" and then 4/5 people agree with them.
Time for a PAY WALL ;)

Maybe it's time for the upvote/downvote system

None of my comments would survive... but I'd be willing to take that for the team to keep Die hard and Timmy's obsessive trolling from showing up.

And I don't know if Bert's WP theme supports that.

It's been investigated, and it doesn't. Much to my chagrin.

#84 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yeah considering the reaction of the fans you'd think they traded Baez and Almora for A-Rod

#85 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

864b26f0-686b-41d3-ba09-4d23f505f897.jpg

My Ignore List:

#86 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

Sounds like I've been missing all of the fun.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#87 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Sounds like I've been missing all of the fun.

its still going on this morning... I really need to stop replying to Timmy he is really good at baiting and although he is not a true troll he is trying to cause people to argue with him.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#88 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Jeff I'm right there with you... This should be a squeal moment but it's become "The FO is so fucking stoopid" instead.

I loved the reaction the Marmol trade, especially considering it came 2 weeks after a shitstorm of hatred that he had no trade value.

#89 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I have to agree with you all. I am not the most intelligent baseball mind. I'm still learning about all these advance stats. Today when I read the bullets, I just avoided the comments. Can't do it. I know I'm relatively new here, and some of that stuff people say makes my head want to explode. Yesterday I vented a lil in the comments about all the anti Castro talk out there. Realized I was getting baited into the madness.

Smart person.

Don't worry about being the intelligent baseball mind thing, hasn't stopped me yet.

#90 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

. . . although he is not a true troll . . . .

You obviously have a charitable soul, and that's awesome... but Timmy most certainly is a troll.

My Ignore List:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).