Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

New Stanley Cup Thread...for those of us few hockey fans...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

I know this is blasphemous on a Cubs' blog(and coming from a guy who wrote a book about baseball) but right now hockey is my favorite sport to watch...for many years I never gave the game a chance, now my wife even reacts to every shift in these finals...

Here is what I wanted to post...I like Coach Q, and I think he is a good coach...but I think he out-smarted himself to start the series. He worried too much about adapting to the Bruins' style of play, instead of just letting the Hawks be the Hawks...by benching Stalberg for Bollig and splitting up Toews and Kane...

The Toews/Kane/Bickell line was flying around last night...

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

I actually like Stalberg better than Bollig, who seemed kind of lost out there at times.  It's also maddening how inconsistent the D has been.  One game Keith looks all world out there, blocking shots, breaking up passes, closing lanes.  Then the next he's getting called for stupid hooking penalties because he's out of position.  That's not to mention the other d-men who have continually turned the puck over in their own zone, leaving Crawford hanging and leading to many of the Boston goals.  I knew this was going to be a good series, had no idea how good it would be.  Every game has been a blast to watch and has had me on the edge of my seat the whole way, not to mention I've gone to twiiter jail twice in 3 games, something that had never happened to me before.  Now that my rant is over, Go Hawks!! 

#3 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

Keith was bad last night...he made a ton of sloppy plays...Oduya is inconsistent but not physical enough for this series....obviously Q likes how Rozival has been playing....

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Keith was bad last night...he made a ton of sloppy plays...Oduya is inconsistent but not physical enough for this series....obviously Q likes how Rozival has been playing....

Rozey and Oduya have had their moments.  Keith, Seabrook(besides the gw last night) and especially Hjalmerson have been dissappointing and frustrating at times.  We really need Leddy back out there for game 5. 

#5 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Congratulations.

That is all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).