King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

l7422_1_150x150.jpg      all-stars.jpg

We are more than halfway through our season, and I saw some other fantasy geeks doing this, so I thought I'd give it a go and point out the players that have put up the best numbers in our league to this point. A few notes, I took the best outfielders regardless of position, and only included two RP's because that's all most of the teams in our league carry, and they had to be actual relievers, not just starters with reliever designation.  I was going to only put guys at DH that actually play there, but then I would have had to leave out a hitter who is having another great year.  Onto the All-Stars:

Catcher:

Yadier Molina (Scherzer Schmasher)  374 points.  (361/402/506) 5 hr 41 rbi's  

Neck tattoo is having a huge year, that's about as nice of a thing that I'm going to say about a Cardinal.  Dick head.

Buster Posey (Katie's Wrench In Ya Taint)  362 points (319/393/513)  8 hr 42 rbi's   Gerald is playing like he always does, Goat did great to get him in a trade earlier this year for a slumping Hosmer and a 1st round pick.

First Base:

Chris Davis (Katie's Wrench in Ya Taint) 501 points  (337/413/720)  26 hr 66 rbi's 

Davis is having a breakout year after years of dissapointing performances.  He's even been cut 3 times in our league.  Another savvy move by Goat picking him up in the 3rd round of the draft. Doubt he keeps slugging over 700, but he's already outperformed year long expectations.  Remember when Hendry refused to give up Robinson Chirinos and Rafael Dolis for him? 

Paul Goldschmidt (A Rod in My Pants)  445 points (301/380/556) 17 hr 62 rbi's   Goldy has one of the coolest names in baseball, and he's become one of the best young first baseman out there.  Acquired for Kris Medlen and Mike Olt, he's been a big pickup for Edgar. 

Second Base:

Dustin Pedroia (Beer and a Beckett of Chicken)  430 points  (312/396/426)  4 hr 40 rbi's   It would probably be more of a surprise to not see Pedroia here, he's been the gold standard at second for a few years now.  One of the few first round picks from our first draft to still be on the team that drafted him, he's outlasted his owner on his own team. 

Matt Carpenter (Bob Brenly Memorial Squad)  390 points (314/396/454)  5 hr 25 rbi's   Carpenter is having a breakout season in his first full year as a starter.  Not bad production out of a 4th round pick. Fucking dick head Cardinal. 

Shortstop:

Everth Cabrera (105 and Counting)  419 points  (305/382/418)  4 hr 24 rbi's 31 steals  Cabrera is having a huge year, only recently slowed by a hamstring injury.  If he can come back from the hammy and avoid trouble in the Biogenesis case, he could easily put up the best numbers at shortstop in the majors this year, even if he is artificially enhanced. 

Troy Tulowitzki (We Score This Like Golf, Right?)  415 points (347/413/635)  16 hr 51 rbi's  Tulo is back to putting up Tulo numbers, and is still made of glass.  If he can stay on the field, he will go a long way towards helping Luke remember how to score correctly. 

Third Base: 

Miguel Cabrera (Cubbie Blues) 551 points  (361/452/632)  19 hr 71 rbi's  Cabrera is having another monster year, with a ridiculous 452 obp.  Highest point scorer in BNFL by a good margin.

Manny Machado (Fear Boners)  406 points (326/358/491)  5 hr 38 rbi's 33 doubles 103 hits   On pace to shatter the single season doubles record, and the league leader in hits.  Machado doens't get the national love like Trout and Harper, but he's just as good.  Not bad for a waiver claim. 

Outfield: 

Carlos Gonzalez  (A Rod in My Pants)  518 points  (312/385/649)  21 hr 57 rbi's  Part of a huge deal last summer that also netted CC Sabathia, CarGo has been the best outfielder in baseball according to our scoring system. 

Mike Trout (Angels in the Troutfield)  493 points  (308/386/550)  12 hr 44 rbi's  Trout's all around game carries him towards the top of the OF rankings despite a slow start to the year.  He was a 4th round pick last year which was an early gamble since he started the year in the minors, has paid huge dividends. 

Adam Jones (Katie's Wrench in Ya Taint)  436 points (303/326/521)  15 hr 54 rbi's  Another all-star for the Goat.  Bastard. 

Shin Soo Choo  (League Leaders In Bellyfire)  424 points (275/423/464)  10 hr 23 rbi's 49 walks   Carried by hugely skewed numbers against RHP, Choo has been getting on base like crazy, even if he has to get plunked to get there.  If he could hit lefties for shit, he'd be a monster. 

Jacoby Ellsbury (Soler Power)  412 points (281/347/389)  1 hr 22 rbi's 31 steals.  Ellsbury is quietly having a nice year, that is going to lead to someone massively overpaying for his services this winter. 

Andrew McCutchen (Stalingrad Hammers)  405 points (289/359/444)  7 hr 35 rbi's   Cutch is having another good year, but it's nowhere near what he was putting up last year at this time. 

Designated Hitter: 

Edwin Encarnacion (Cubbie Blues)  452 points (269/354/524)  19 hr 58 rbi's  Encarnacion continues to impress.  There must be something about Toronto that helps former power prospects live up to their potential.  I initially felt bad about trading him for Matt Harrison and a 2nd rounder last year, until I saw that he was then traded for Brett Jackson and a few picks a couple of weeks later.  He's been one of the top hitters in our league 2 years running. 

Joey Voto  (Stalingrad Hammers)  441 points  (324/438/509)  12 hr 35 rbi's 54 walks   I was only going to let a DH have this spot, until I saw the point difference between the next top DH  and Votto(70 points) and felt he should get the nod, even if he plays for the Reds.

Starting Pitchers:

Adam Wainwright (PatandRons)  518 points (10-4 2.37 era 100k's 9bb 110 IP)  I would say something nice about Wainwright, but fuck him.

Matt Harvey (23 Ryan)  515 points (6-1 2.16 era 115k's 104 IP)  Harvey has proven to not be a fluke.  A waiver pickup who was then traded along with a 1st for CC Sabathia, Harvey has been a value since he got the call up last year.)

Cliff Lee (Bob Brenly Memorial Squad)  500 points (9-2 2.53 era 98 k's 110.1 IP)  Lee just keeps dealing, regardless of how much the Phillies struggle.  He's already been traded 3 times in our league, including being part of the biggest, messiest trade that I've ever seen. 

Clayton Kershaw (Stinky Pete)  488 points (5-4 1.84 era 104 k's 107.1 IP)  Kershaw proves how worthless w-l records are. He's been the best starter in baseball this year and only has 5 wins to show for it. 

Felix Hernandez (Katie's Wrench In Ya Taint (8-4 2.24 era 110 k's 104.2 IP)  Damn it Goat, how many fucking players are you going to have in this group?  I'm just glad that Verlander is struggling a bit so I don't have to type out your team name again.

Relief Pitchers:

Jason Grilli  (League Leaders in Belly Fire)  380 points  (1.10 era 25 saves 54 k's in 32.2 IP)  Grilli has been lights out for the Bucs and he's striking out guys at a ridiculous pace.  Proves the worthlessness of relievers in our league, he's over 100 points lower than any of the starters.

Mark Melancon (A Rod in My Pants)  319 points  (22 holds 1 save 0.99 era  39 k's 36.1 IP)  The only guy that surprised me by making the team.  Holds carried this guy over every closer besides Grilli. 

Michigan Goat lead the way with 4 all stars and Edgar was right behind with 3.  Quite a few teams with no reps, including me.  Think someone else deserves to be up there?  Think I shit the bed with my picks?  Here is your chance to vent. 

#2 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Encarnancion plays 1B thank you very much.

Also Wainwright is PatandRons.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#3 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

That's right now if everyone can just keep up the thunder through the playoff I like my chances.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#4 Caleb

Caleb

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook:Caleb Shreves
  • LocationSt. Louis :(

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Wainwright is MINE. Kthx.

Good piece- I like it! Glad I have the top pitcher, even if he is a cardinal.

I'm also waiting (still) for pujols to get back to being pujols. He's one that I drafted, kept, and still have!

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Fixed Wainwright.  Encarnacion also has 20 some games at DH, and first base is absolutley loaded, so I listed him at DH.

#6 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Fixed Wainwright.  Encarnacion also has 20 some games at DH, and first base is absolutley loaded, so I listed him at DH.
He hasn't started for me at DH once.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#7 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

He hasn't started for me at DH once.

Okay, guess I have to cross him off the list then. :ph34r:

#8 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

The crazy thing is I drafted Wainwright last year, traded him and other for Cliff Lee. And I forgot what I traded Lee for later. At one point I had Verlandef, King Felix, and Cliff Lee. That was a staff.

This year I will complete the year with 7 potential keepers so anyone looking for keepers get your draft picks ready.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#9 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

It would be interesting to see how and where everyone's first five draft picks ended up. I still have three (Verlander, Felix, and Adam Jones). Hosmer & Headley were my other two that resulted in Bautista and Posey.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#10 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

It would be interesting to see how and where everyone's first five draft picks ended up. I still have three (Verlander, Felix, and Adam Jones). Hosmer & Headley were my other two that resulted in Bautista and Posey.

My first five picks in order from 2012 were Tulo, Ian Kennedy, Matt Holiday, Gio Gonzalez, and Matt Reynolds (maybe the dumbest move in BNFL history, save for the Sale trade).

Tulo turned into Beltran plus some stuff, and I kept Beltran going into this season. Gio just got turned into Giancarlo.  Holiday is my only original player from last year.

#11 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

I can't believe now that I was torn last year with my number one over all pick between Cabrera and Kemp. Boy, did I ever make te right choice.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#12 Caleb

Caleb

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook:Caleb Shreves
  • LocationSt. Louis :(

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

Interesting.

Pujols- still have him
Andrus, kept to 2013, turned into jimmy Rollins
Uggla- dropped like a bad habit, currently Kyle seager
Rios- still have
Gallardo- swapped, eventually became wainwright.
So I only have 2 players from my 2012 draft.

AND
Of my 2013 draft, I only have TWO players still on my team: closers glen Perkins and Casey Jansen.

Either I'm super crafty or suck at the draft. Probably the latter.

#13 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

Nice job so far MG.  Hope you continue to own! *Knocks on T. Wood's head*

#14 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

I should note that I had to autodraft because my job at the time totally blew

1st Round - Prince Fielder - Traded for some scrub and a couple high picks.

2nd Round - Buster Posey - Traded for Eric Hosmer and a first rounder, who turned out to Andrelton Simmons (HEY BUD STEAL MORE BASES I DON'T CARE IF YOU HIT IN FRONT OF A MURDERER'S ROW)

3rd Round - Michael Young - Traded to Luke in a massive clusterfuck deal with the Goat

4th Round - MIchael Morse - See above

5th Round - Mariano River - Cut after he blew his knee out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).