hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

What two teams played in the first intra-city Workd Series.

Bonus question: What was the year?
Double Bonus: Who won the series?
Triple bonus: How many hamburgers did I eat last night?
Quadruple bonus: What is my weight, in stones, after said potential eating?
Pentuple bonus: Nothing here, I just wanted to use pentuple.

#2 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Well, I say Cubs and Sox with the Sox winning. I dunno the year. 1905?

#3 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'll start the bidding at 20 stones.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#4 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

Really.  You want me to say who won the series?  You want me to do anything beyond thinking about that wretched pathetic franchise?

I will go with two and assume they were big

8-8.5

That's what your mother told me last night, Trebek

#5 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Well, I say Cubs and Sox with the Sox winning. I dunno the year. 1905?

Cubs/Sox is correct (stupid softball questions).

Really.  You want me to say who won the series?  You want me to do anything beyond thinking about that wretched pathetic franchise?

I will go with two and assume they were big

8-8.5

That's what your mother told me last night, Trebek

1906 is right, yes the Sox won, two is not right, you really think I only weigh 115-120 pounds?

Ya, baby:

Trebek.jpg

#6 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

I'll start the bidding at 20 stones.

My weight, not the hamburgers.

(BTW, I ate 0 hamburgers, went with brats last night)

#7 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Like every NBA and NFL playoff game, that 1906 baseball world series was fixed, so there is really no need to discuss it.    To make up for that fix, the league allowed the Cubs to win the next two years (though they didn't do any make up fixing in favor of the Cubs).  Those 2  consecutive championships however, were so distasteful to mlb and their east coast home offices, they swore the Cubs would never ever ever be allowed to win another one.  All incoming officials are still required to take and uphold that oath.

To this day, no game in MLB history has ever been fixed in favor of the Cubs.  However, exactly 1,998 have been proven to be fixed against them.  There have likely been many more that haven't been proven yet.

5 hamburgers.
145 large stones

#8 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Twitter:@jh_03

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Like every NBA and NFL playoff game, that 1906 baseball world series was fixed, so there is really no need to discuss it.    To make up for that fix, the league allowed the Cubs to win the next two years (though they didn't do any make up fixing in favor of the Cubs).  Those 2  consecutive championships however, were so distasteful to mlb and their east coast home offices, they swore the Cubs would never ever ever be allowed to win another one.  All incoming officials are still required to take and uphold that oath.

To this day, no game in MLB history has ever been fixed in favor of the Cubs.  However, exactly 1,998 have been proven to be fixed against them.  There have likely been many more that haven't been proven yet.

Okay, I'm just a kid and while I can hold my own with modern knowledge, I really have a terrible understanding of the history of the game... This is a joke, right?

Edit: I'm talking more about the last paragraph, btw. I know you guys can completely mess with me right now, and it's got to be tempting, but please be honest haha.

#9 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

Okay, I'm just a kid and while I can hold my own with modern knowledge, I really have a terrible understanding of the history of the game... This is a joke, right?

Edit: I'm talking more about the last paragraph, btw. I know you guys can completely mess with me right now, and it's got to be tempting, but please be honest haha.

Actually, Selig saw early we were going to be a great team in 2007 & 2008. That is why he sent the Brewers over to the NL. He was trying to play a little havoc on the team putting 6 teams in one division. He also put a lot of money into Alderman Tunney's campaign fund so that we would have to continue to play day games.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#10 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

What kind of heresy is this????

Please don't feed the psychos.

#11 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Actually, Selig saw early we were going to be a great team in 2007 & 2008. That is why he sent the Brewers over to the NL. He was trying to play a little havoc on the team putting 6 teams in one division. He also put a lot of money into Alderman Tunney's campaign fund so that we would have to continue to play day games.

Latest reports I saw have Selig, prior to his resignation after the 2014 season, moving the Tigers to the NLC and the Brewers to the ALC.

#12 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

All the stores in the Des Moines metro area ran out of hamburger meat.

#13 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

This was after a certain someone, not to be named by me, was seen shopping the day before.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#14 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

This was after a certain someone, not to be named by me, was seen shopping the day before.

Wait, so there's another person in Des Moines that loves hamburgers too?  May be my soul mate!

#15 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

They are twins.
http://satireworld.c...11/05/mcd11.jpg

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).