#16 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

Like every NBA and NFL playoff game, that 1906 baseball world series was fixed, so there is really no need to discuss it.    To make up for that fix, the league allowed the Cubs to win the next two years (though they didn't do any make up fixing in favor of the Cubs).  Those 2  consecutive championships however, were so distasteful to mlb and their east coast home offices, they swore the Cubs would never ever ever be allowed to win another one.  All incoming officials are still required to take and uphold that oath.

To this day, no game in MLB history has ever been fixed in favor of the Cubs.  However, exactly 1,998 have been proven to be fixed against them.  There have likely been many more that haven't been proven yet.

Okay, I'm just a kid and while I can hold my own with modern knowledge, I really have a terrible understanding of the history of the game... This is a joke, right?

Edit: I'm talking more about the last paragraph, btw. I know you guys can completely mess with me right now, and it's got to be tempting, but please be honest haha.

Your gut feeling is correct.  It's sort of a joke.  The last paragraph grossly underestimates the number of games fixed against the Cubs.  See Bruce Froemming. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).