7 replies to this topic

#1 Stevebartman03

Stevebartman03

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Albert Almora left the Cougars in the 5th inning tonight and no one really seems to know why. Can someone please tell me so I can stop running through scenarios in my head. Hurt? Promoted? Traded?? It is interesting that he left the game right after Theo said trade talks have started, but all of those trades should be receiving prospects, not shipping them out. Right? I'm gonna say it and keep it as a possibility in my head until I know otherwise, Giancarlo Stanton.

#2 X the cubs fan

X the cubs fan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@xruben31
  • Facebook:Xavier Ruben Rice
  • LocationStreator, Illinois

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Slow down there buddy, he probably just tweaked something; no need for us to get ahead of ourselves. But I will keep hope alive we traded for someone big.(Giancarlo Stanton)

#3 Stevebartman03

Stevebartman03

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

Yeah I know, I'm sure he hasn't been traded. I'm just going through what could've happened in my head. I'm hoping that he was promoted.

#4 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

In order of likeliness it goes
1. Hurt
2. Promoted
3. Traded

BUT, it only makes sense to pull him if he was traded or hurt. If we was promoted, why wouldn't they let him finish the game?

#5 DustinS

DustinS

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Found the answer to this mystery.  He was pulled by the coach for failing to run out a ball to first on a pop up.  Another reason minors time is well spent.  I was at the game and didn't even really notice it myself (although I was there with family and somewhat distracted), but that answers it.  I just knew it didn't look like he was injured, and a mid-game call-up would have been odd.

As a side-note, it was the first time I saw Almora live and he was quite a bit smaller than I expected.  Still very young, but it was something that stuck out.  

I also have to say like Vogelbach even more now.  He seems like such a down to earth guy, always smiling, spitting, frumpy and dirty uniform, joking with the umps.  He definitely has a personality that reminds you of John Kruk.  I'm not entirely sure his swing can make it to the bigs, but I'm pulling for him.  

#6 TheCubsGuy

TheCubsGuy

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:TheCubsGuy

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Like the accountability we have at the lower levels. Thoyer & Co have brought in some good teachers.

#7 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Like the accountability we have at the lower levels. Thoyer & Co have brought in some good teachers.

Yes, they have.  On the big club as well.  The coaching staff at Kane County is mainly guys from the old regime though.  Johnson was the Boise manager the 2 previous years.  Beyers, the hitting coach has been in the organization for a while.  Kind of surprised they kept him really.

#8 Stevebartman03

Stevebartman03

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'd also like to add that Soler was pulled from a Daytona game earlier this year for the same thing, no special treatment. I like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).