Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Cubs Calendar - 6/26 - A Debut With Flare!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

Well, I traded Cano and a couple picks for Trout.  I overpaid for Trout a bit (I REALLY didn't want to include that 2nd 1st round pick) but sweet Jesus, it's Mike Trout.  My luck, Cano will now become the 2B who bucks the trend and plays MVP-caliber baseball for years and years to come, Webster becomes Cy Young and Trout breaks his wrist tomorrow. 

Which Cubs player holds the MLB record for most RBIs in his debut?

#2 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Twitter:@jh_03

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Starlin Castro?

Also, in debut news, this is the one year anniversary of Anthony Rizzo's Cubs' debut!

#3 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

Starlin Castro?

Also, in debut news, this is the one year anniversary of Anthony Rizzo's Cubs' debut!

Starlin is right!  Six RBIs in his May 7, 2010, debut. 

Wow, amazing how quickly that year went by, I just wish we had another debut to look forward to this year.

#4 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Starlin Castro?

Wow, amazing how quickly that year went by, I just wish we had another debut to look forward to this year.

Without looking it up, what did Rizzo go at the plate on his debut?!  

I'll never forget this... I was there! haha.

#5 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

Starlin Castro?

Without looking it up, what did Rizzo go at the plate on his debut?!  

I'll never forget this... I was there! haha.

2-4 with a dinger?

#6 jh03

jh03

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

2-4 with a dinger?

Close!

2-4 with a double and a RBI.

His first hit was a single that was originally ruled an error, but the crowed boo'ed the scorer so much that he/she changed it to a hit! haha

#7 CubChymyst

CubChymyst

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

I was in the bleachers for Rizzo first home run at Wrigley. My dad and brother got in each others way and dropped a ball tossed into the stands Reed Johnson late in the game.  It was a good game that the Cubs won.

#8 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

2-4 with a dinger?

Close!

2-4 with a double and a RBI.

His first hit was a single that was originally ruled an error, but the crowed boo'ed the scorer so much that he/she changed it to a hit! haha

I remember that one, I was booing along with the crowd.

#9 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

Starlin Castro?

I bet we will have one next year.  I mean a really notable one.  He's in Daytona now. 

#10 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Starlin Castro?

I bet we will have one next year.  I mean a really notable one.  He's in Daytona now. 

Baez?  God I hope so, I really hope we can just get a couple good years out of him at 2nd or third.  If he could be a mid-season addition next year and become Manny Machado, that would go a long ways to helping our 2014 chances.

#11 CubChymyst

CubChymyst

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Starlin Castro?

Baez?  God I hope so, I really hope we can just get a couple good years out of him at 2nd or third.  If he could be a mid-season addition next year and become Manny Machado, that would go a long ways to helping our 2014 chances.

I was thinking that was a reference to Soler since he is on the 40 man currently.

#12 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Starlin Castro?

I will leave the name out only to hedge my bet - in case it turns out to be that other Daytona guy.  But at some point in 2014 - even if it's only September, I think we see that Daytona guy in Wrigley Field.  **cough** Baez **cough**

#13 hansman1982

hansman1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Soler probably has a better chance at being at Wrigley next year even outside of the 40-man issue.

#14 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Soler probably has a better chance at being at Wrigley next year even outside of the 40-man issue.

You will be singing a different tune after the "other guy" catches fire in AA this year and just hits like we know he can.  Goes on an amazing tear in the AFL, then totally destroys spring training pitching (again - only worse this time in 2014), absolutely crushes in AA or AAA - which ever they send him to start the year, he continues to crush for another month or 2...  then, bzzzzzzzzzzz (damnit!  that was my alarm waking me up). 

#15 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

I wouldn't discount Almora.  All the reports I've been seeing him talk about how polished he is as a player.  He could be one of those guys who makes the jump from AA to MLB a la Machado/Castro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).