#31 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

For those who care about such things, Goose Island is owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev (headquartered in Belgium).

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#32 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout is the best stout that I've had in a long time. The reviews here will do it more justice than I will.

But here's my review anyway:
Effin' awesome.

Posted Image

My Ignore List:

#33 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout is the best stout that I've had in a long time. The reviews here will do it more justice than I will.

But here's my review anyway:
Effin' awesome.

Posted Image

I've had that and you are correct it's quite delicious, I'm quite found of the Nitro Oaty Stout Founders has on tap, and Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout will always be a favorite of mine.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#34 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

For those who care about such things, Goose Island is owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev (headquartered in Belgium).

Yeah their quality has greatly diminished since then, but I've heard the tap room is still locally owned and the beer there is still brewed by the same people.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#35 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout will always be a favorite of mine.

One of my favorites.

My Ignore List:

#36 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

So I haven't been commenting much lately on the blog posts (too many trolls/douchebags for my taste), but I did want to let MG know that I had a Founder's Centennial from the tap today... and it was effin' tasty... I mean, just outstanding.

My Ignore List:

#37 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

Katie and gentlemen - The nectar of the gods. The Pride of St. Louis. The Champagne of the 99%. I give you:

Posted Image

I get a 30 pack of this orgasm in a can for $19.99 at the liquor store in my backyard. That may sound like a bit much for you fancy continental USA folks, but up here in Alaska, this is the deal of all deals. Smooth like a glass of water. Only takes a dozen or so to stir up a decent buzz.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#38 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

So I haven't been commenting much lately on the blog posts (too many trolls/douchebags for my taste), but I did want to let MG know that I had a Founder's Centennial from the tap today... and it was effin' tasty... I mean, just outstanding.

Founders never disappoints, between that and Shorts Huma Lupa i always know I can find an outstanding IPA.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#39 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

The Trader Joe's in my neck of the woods has started selling bomber bottles of some Wisconsin brewery's Boatswain something-or-other Double IPA.

"IPA?" I said?

"Double?" I said, louder.

So I bought two.

And didn't finish either.

If you've ever home-brewed (or said to yourself, "Self? I should home-brew!"), you're probably familiar with the kit-clones you can buy. "Sierra Nevada Clone" or "Blue Moon Clone" (but, really, Blue Moon? Get a palate, please.). This Boatswain Double IPA tastes like someone bought a Bass Ale clone and threw a couple extra handfuls of hops into their 5-gallon bucket. It's just so very ... bad. And I don't mind Bass, really. In fact, I've gotten quite blotto on it. But this is just not good.

#40 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

Posted Image

Only takes a dozen or so to stir up a decent buzz.

If you haven't pissed yourself sober a half-dozen times already....

#41 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

The Pride of St. Louis Leuven, Belgium.

Fixed that for you.

My Ignore List:

#42 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

Daisy Cutter from Chicago's Half Acre http://beeradvocate....ile/18006/48582

Cant stop drinking it

Posted Image

#43 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

Bob I've heard good things but haven't found around here

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#44 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'll be the one to say it: I don't like Oberon. I was born in Kalamazoo. Grew up just outside. I've been to Bell's Eccentric Cafe, and I can easily say that it is vastly overrated compared to their other brews. The best by far is the seasonal Winter White. I prefer Oscar's Folly, Two Hearted, Best Brown, Cherry Stout, Expedition Stout, and the legendary Batch 10,000 over Oberon. I guess maybe Wheat beers aren't my cup of tea.

I could brag that one of my old roommates worked at the largest liquor store in New Jersey and all the awesome beers he brought home but instead I'll talk about the worst I ever drank:

Posted Image

This is Evil Eye Malt Liquor by the Melanie Brewing Company, also known for the appropriately titled "Beer 30 Ice" that comes only in cheap 30 packs. I am fairly certain it is a government front with the purpose to kill poor people. The first thing you should know about Evil Eye is that it puts the "liquor" in malt liquor. It is 10% abv, which is stronger than many wines. I once saw a grown man cry after drinking this vile brew. I have seen another man do a shot of his own urine without being any prompting to do so. When I first tried it my response (after gagging) was that this did not taste human. Beer advocate gave it a rating of 46/100 which is a bit generous in my opinion but I challenge somebody to find a lower rated "beer". I have a high tolerance for alcohol and it takes about a 12 pack to get me good and drunk. I am not ashamed to admit that I got a good buzz off a single 40 of this stuff but it is not fit for human consumption.

#45 buzzamus

buzzamus

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@buzzamus

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

I am in no way, shape, or form making fun of anybody's religion, but my brother brought me a beer back from when he traveled to Nevada. The beer was named "Polygamy Porter." It had a guy, with 2 girls next to him and it had a slogan underneath: "Why have just one." Needless to say, it was pretty terrible, but I kept the bottle for a few years, until I moved out of college.

Oh and I am also very familiar with Natty Light from college.

http://www.wasatchbe...olygporter.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).