20 replies to this topic

#16 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

I am much more concerned with how I carry my self through non metaphysical space.

#17 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Stinky's on a role. 

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#18 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Stults, Hellickson and Trout for Lynn, Strasburg and Trumbo would have been vetoed much quicker than yours.

I guess I am doing the fantasy trades all wrong.  To me, that seems like a reasonable-ish (without knowing more than the first-glance at the names value of the peripheral guys) trade. 

The one trade I saw that was nearly completed for Trout featured a couple good but not great guys (one of whom is having a career year) for Trout.  That's the issue I've been having trading away Cano, I'm giving up the best 2B in the game and wanting a good player plus a couple picks is pegging his value as above the moon.

How do you see trades for Trout that were nearly completed? I don't understand.

Also, stop taking it so personally that your trades pick up a handful of vetoes. Some of mine have received vetoes, too, but BFD. I think this whole thing is a good opportunity to revamp the trade review process (since he seems as though the majority of people want a new system for trade review in place).  

The thing I don't like about this process is that it seems really whiny. It's like when kids want their mom to buy them a candy bar at the check out line, and they just bitch until they get what they want.  I mean, a guy quitting the league because his trade got vetoed?  That's childish.  I understand people are all up in a tither about this, so let's just fix the veto system, give you Trout and him Cano, and we can all move on.  That way everyone gets what they want - after a significant amount of complaining.  Time to move on. It's fantasy baseball, and it's not worth a guy dropping out of the league or destroying relationships over.

#19 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Stults, Hellickson and Trout for Lynn, Strasburg and Trumbo would have been vetoed much quicker than yours.

I guess I am doing the fantasy trades all wrong.  To me, that seems like a reasonable-ish (without knowing more than the first-glance at the names value of the peripheral guys) trade. 

The one trade I saw that was nearly completed for Trout featured a couple good but not great guys (one of whom is having a career year) for Trout.  That's the issue I've been having trading away Cano, I'm giving up the best 2B in the game and wanting a good player plus a couple picks is pegging his value as above the moon.

How do you see trades for Trout that were nearly completed? I don't understand.

Also, stop taking it so personally that your trades pick up a handful of vetoes. Some of mine have received vetoes, too, but BFD. I think this whole thing is a good opportunity to revamp the trade review process (since he seems as though the majority of people want a new system for trade review in place).  

The thing I don't like about this process is that it seems really whiny. It's like when kids want their mom to buy them a candy bar at the check out line, and they just bitch until they get what they want.  I mean, a guy quitting the league because his trade got vetoed?  That's childish.  I understand people are all up in a tither about this, so let's just fix the veto system, give you Trout and him Cano, and we can all move on.  That way everyone gets what they want - after a significant amount of complaining.  Time to move on. It's fantasy baseball, and it's not worth a guy dropping out of the league or destroying relationships over.

I'm going to run this discussion back over to the fleaflicker message board.

#20 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

crying%20in%20baseball.jpg

THERE'S NO CRYING IN [FANTASY] BASEBALL

#21 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Are you saying I'm ducking crying you ducking ducker?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).