Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Today, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Today, 12:42 PM
- Minor Acquisitions: Tommy Hottovy, Charles Cutler
Today, 10:58 AM
- Chicago Cubs Trade Brian Bogusevic to the Miami Marlins for Justin Ruggiano
Today, 08:40 AM
- No Roberto Hernandez for the Cubs: The Former Fausto Carmona Signs with the Phillies
Today, 08:25 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs v. Brewers - June 27, 2013 (TV: CSN)
Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:14 PM
Sveum should tell Garza: "Good job. You have nothing left to prove......relax with us and enjoy the rest of the game."
I'm sure teams are still curious about his stamina and conditioning. Pitching into the 8th will address those concerns.
What I was thinking.
Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:17 PM
I am wondering if Sveum will leave Garza in this game beyond the Brewers 5th. Assuming the game continues as it's going with the Cubs on top and in controlI I really think Sveum takes him out......nothing to be gained by pushing Garza for more than what he's shown.
With all the scouts in attendance, I would go in the total opposite direction and leave him in for maybe a complete game just to showcase him against this weak lineup.
That's a point.........but.......it would add rest time for Garza to ensure "readiness" for immediate use.
No team is going to rush a start of his, though. I see your point, I just don't see it happening.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).