CubsMas Day 2 winner...Day 3 suggestions please...
Oswego Chris - Dec 09 2013 10:39 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Tuesday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Tanaka, Storen, Clippard, Russell, Choo, Mulder, More
Yesterday, 08:31 PM
- Jeff Samardzija Bits: Diamondbacks Still In? Blue Jays? Any Offers on the Table?
Yesterday, 07:26 PM
- Rumor: Cubs Interested in Pitcher Jason Hammel
Yesterday, 06:34 PM
- Jed Hoyer: Cubs May Add More Than One Starting Pitcher, Recently Met with Scott Baker’s Agent
Yesterday, 04:43 PM
- Rockies Reportedly Acquire Brett Anderson from A’s for Drew Pomeranz and Chris Jensen
Yesterday, 03:40 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs v. Brewers - June 27, 2013 (TV: CSN)
Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:14 PM
Sveum should tell Garza: "Good job. You have nothing left to prove......relax with us and enjoy the rest of the game."
I'm sure teams are still curious about his stamina and conditioning. Pitching into the 8th will address those concerns.
What I was thinking.
Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:17 PM
I am wondering if Sveum will leave Garza in this game beyond the Brewers 5th. Assuming the game continues as it's going with the Cubs on top and in controlI I really think Sveum takes him out......nothing to be gained by pushing Garza for more than what he's shown.
With all the scouts in attendance, I would go in the total opposite direction and leave him in for maybe a complete game just to showcase him against this weak lineup.
That's a point.........but.......it would add rest time for Garza to ensure "readiness" for immediate use.
No team is going to rush a start of his, though. I see your point, I just don't see it happening.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).