Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

So, every team has to have at least one representative for the All Star game, right? But what would happen if a random team (the cubs) only had one all star (Travis Wood) and that player was traded? Would another player be nominated? Not super important, just interested.

#2 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Some googling led me to this: http://sports.yahoo....=fantasy,175753

"The Pirates could be without an All-Star if Sanchez is flipped before Tuesday. According to an email from Pat Courtney, MLB vice president of public relations, the All-Star manager would not be obligated to take anyone from the club. The Bucs could simply go starless. (H/T, Pirates Report). This scenario is somehow more cruel than when a team's lone All-Star is injured and thus unavailable. If Sanchez is dealt, the Pirates will have...nothing. Just a pile of LaRoches. They'll have one fewer All-Star than the 24-win Nationals. How sad. "

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Gregg gets named to the team if a couple pitchers drop out.

#3 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Well, I think that pitchers named to the All-Star team that pitch on Sunday have replacements named by the manager, so maybe Shark will get to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).