Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Best trade by Thoyer since they took over?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Patrick G

Patrick G

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

I think its a tie with Rizzo and Wood trades. Wood has been more of a consistent starter but Rizzo obviously has the higher ceiling

#17 calicubsfan007

calicubsfan007

The Guy Who Came Back From the Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationWherever I Am, There I Am

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

I think its a tie with Rizzo and Wood trades. Wood has been more of a consistent starter but Rizzo obviously has the higher ceiling

I agree, but I still give the advantage to the Wood trade as of now.  If Rizzo produces, then I will say it is a tie or give Rizzo the advantage.

#18 aaroncharles18

aaroncharles18

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:@aaroncharles18
  • Facebook:Aaron Charles

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

I think the Marshall trade was great! Wood was solid the last few years and is lights out this year and Sappelt has been useful. But I see the Rizzo/Cashner trade going down as the next Bowa/Sandberg in that we got a guy who will be the cornerstone of our franchise for the next 10 years. He has underperformed at times this year and he is STILL gonna be near the 30 HR/100 RBI plateau. But I don't think you can go wrong choosing either of those as the best this FO has done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).